FormulaCross.....heard of it? mini-rally cars!

Check this out! Some company has converted a yamaha raptor into a mini-rally car and wants to create a new entry level motorsport for it called FormulaCross…this thing look fun as shit!

Pretty sweet! Im thinking any cost effective way to get into rally would be really cool.

wow thatd be a blast
looks slow though. wonder how fast they are

That’s awesome. It would be cool if it actually took off, but it will probably fizzle out quickly.

you could probably buy an old subaru for less and take it to rally-x events, so I don’t think it really fits any specific void. As with most motorsports, event locations are more of an issue than finding suitable vehicles.

That said, I would be interested in seeing the process for converting the raptor. Might be a fun project to do, then register as a homemade vehicle.

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

And since it’s quad based I’m sure you’d have FAR less repair expenses than trying to bash a street based car around off road racing.

Why not just buy a side by side? Don’t they make those super quick two seaters?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

With a hard cab:

http://www.beaverpro.com/products/polaris-rzr/images/new-rzr-cab.jpg

It’s a cool idea but I wouldn’t bother building a whole new “car”.

I’ve got a raptor motor for this :smiley:

I could make a CF body…

NYspeed ForumlaCross team??? lol

I can drive fast and destroy things… sounds like we got all the pieces.

interesting…its not just some company. Its RMR, Rhys Millen Racing. Not really a new concept though, just reskinned in a trendy rally car body. See Stadium Lite racing.

Now that I’ve watched the video, that looks REALLY slow. Was it a bone stock 660?

the one in the video was a 450. they do the 700 as well.