Found this interesting, yet funny (GM Quality since 1944)

so at work the other day, i had to inspect a damaged package. Inside the package was this OLD OLD OLD trunk/chest. it seriously looked like it was pulled from a sunken pirate ship or something. After opening the chest, inside were some old toronto newspapers. From August 1944 to be exact. Flipping through them was pretty interesting. every add and article has something to do with war in general. One included the “new” kodak “color” military ariel photos…with “no more guesswork” lol.

I found this ad in one of the papers which i thought was really interesting, and funny at the same time. The way it was written is priceless. The phrase at the end explains alot for today:lol:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/frogiiie/1944ad001-1.jpg

hydroformed wood.

Pushrods 4L

a plane made out of wood, huh. good idea :tup:

how many times did you count the word “japs”?

hahahaha I know an older gent who refers to them as “those sneaky japs” and wont forgive them for pearl harbor, despite the fact we did drop 2 nukes on them…

Its OK, hes old. Old people dont need to be PC.

Old people are hilarious.

hahah old people rule. He was bitching about his neighbors r6 being so loud

“Goddamn sneaky japs and their jap bikes!”

hahaha sneaky japs

lol

De Havilland Mosquito

and return. :slight_smile:

Strategic materials for $500, Alex.

Did you save it?Would be kind of neat to frame and hang in my rec. room.

D

i got it at work…you want it? The papers range from 1944-1945… There is some other cool stuff in there as well…

actually didnt see anything that said “japs”…did see some reference to the “hitler war”…also, some things about post war jobs etc. There was an ad for a roofing company that said…“if they can fix holes in a wing, we can fix holes in your roof” along with a picture/drawing of a plane getting shot down. most ads reference military and war like images.

lol thats sweet. My great Uncle was in WWII. He was a machine gunner on a bomber and faught in the pacific. He always refers to them as “Japs” also. He doesn’t like them much either…eh, I guess after seeing all your best friends killed and spending years fighting them…I dunno.