Free wood! Come get it.

Free wood for you to come and take and do with whatever you’d like.

After tearing apart our old deck, we have a pile of scrap wood laying in our yard that we need to get rid of. It will be a pain in the ass to put it out for the garbage every week and Tonawanda doesn’t allow large fires/firepits so we wont be able to dispose of it as quick as if someone comes and takes it.

Its a pile of 30 old, mostly rotted 2x6s with nails and some screws in them. Most of them are 8 ft in length. Some 2x4s and 4x4s thrown in there.

I’d say hardly any of them would be reusable for anything building-wise, but they’d be perfect for firewood, burning, etc. Come get it all or take whatever you want, I’ll help you load it into your vehicle.

If you’d like more info, text me at 716 417 9562 or post here and Ill try and keep up. Located in Tonawanda near the 290 crossover of Delaware.

Thanks!

Paul B

Didn’t use treated wood? I made a table out of an old torn down deck recently and the wood was beautiful after a little planing.

Previous owners/builder definitely did not use treated wood. At least the deck boards were not treated. They used 2x6s as deck boards and some of them just crumbled as we were dissassembling. The previous deck wasnt built with the greatest minds. Some of the joists that we removed are treated, just have tons of nails running the length of them so it was easiest just to replace them. The railing 2x4s seem like they were treated and are in good shape so I am trying to save some of those for projects around the house and garage, but if someone wants those they can take them too.

The 4x4 posts they used seem to be treated anhd holding up fine, as we reused them to rebuild the new deck.

Looks like the garbage men took away the most ragged pieces today so that may be the route we go; just cutting it down and throwing it all in the trash week by week, but if someone is out there that has a fire pit, is going to have a bon fire, wants something to create a large burning man festival, have a pig roast, make smores, or do some sort of religious sacrifice with a baby lamb then come get this stuff!

thanks

Paul B

Weird.

Miata owner giving away free wood…

The guy who took mine for a bonfire was last active on the site on 9/12/12 so he’s probably not going to see this.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?69527-Disposing-of-a-shed-Amherst-Post-44-new-shed

There has to be a shirt out there that says something like “free wood; inquire within” but I am not searching for it at work.

If I wasn’t sitting next to my gf when I made this thread, I promise it would have been full of pervertedness about damaged wood , too much wood, etc lol

My wood thing went off.

Goddamn someone please help me get rid of my wood. Quickly!

Has it been 6 hours?

Well over 6 hours lol

Maybe the garbage men will help me get rid of my wood.

You should probably see a doctor.

Need a hand with all that wood?

I wish I had too much wood… :frowning:

I had to use a wheel barrow to move all my wood. Still have some left for next weeks garbage man.

Have you tried giving it to the mail man or the pool boy?

Well we don’t have a pool. And the mailman doesn’t seem too interested in any of my wood.

However, the garbage men were able to fit most of the wood in their truck, so I’ll be giving them more wood next week.

:slight_smile:

Did the garbage men take it all in the backside of their rig?