Friend Tim just got his car started up.....

Dont get me wrong the car is mindblowing and I effin love it. BUT. why is it just about everyone loves to put priority 1 as making retarded power, 2 planting it so its usefull and 3 holding it in the car? Even with people like this with the bank account to just drop $15K on another rear end and axles he already broke on a whim. We see it all too much with regular joe cars too, first thing they buy is a big fucking motor, boost it to the moon and toss it behind a stock paper mache driveline and either smoke the tires or make metal marbles.

What does it take to make that driveline actually hold the power its making right now?

In my opinion, it’s cause it costs too much!

Seriously, prices drop based on volume. Volume for beefier aftermarket subframes, diff cases, driveshafts, etc. is definitely less than t3/t4 turbo kits for a Honda d16x. Same applies to suspension/handling. :frowning:

Because he’s building the car as a Texas Mile car Mike to go after the record for Porsches…let alone others :shifty I don’t care what others do with their money, especially when it comes to cars. Tim is cool as fuck and has the funds to play. If he wants to build a ~45K engine and push it until it blows up, who cares… This car is his meditation from everything else…

Oh and if you knew everything else that has gone into this car, you wouldn’t have even posted this in here…

no cost on happy.

how does the cooling work? is there fans? or do you have to drive for it to cool itself?

and are turbos liquid cooled?

996’s are liquid cooled. last aircooled 911 rolled off the assembly line in '97

Air cooled forever!

Lol

LOL. From the looks of things, money isn’t a problem and the guy is building it the way he wants and fine tuning along the way.

And to answer your question…nobody fucking knows because nobody has done this to this extent on this platform before…hence another reason to dump money into finding out.

Jesus, I didnt think it was that aweful of an opinion and question. But thanks for taking it offensivly.

All I meant was, and Adam I am sure you see it too, is just about every customer and especially tire kicking customers are so fast to look right at big badass HP as a primary goal. Then ignor or cross their fingers on it being able to actually contain the power. Its usually the low buck guys that would rather, for example, put $2000 into a big ball bearing turbo and massive intercooler to make big power, instead of spending $1500 on a built tranmission and putting a set of cams in for more power. I know I did it, and learned how much it fucking blows not having money and time to fix broken shit every 1kmi.

And no I dont fucking know everything else about the car. Thats why I asked the simple question. Figured I might learn a bit about some badass engineering behind some parts I probably wont have the luxury of ever holding.

sorry I even bother’d replying

holy Fuck, dry your eyes and wag your tail for Christ sake.

OK anything for you pumpkin

Holy fuck mike take a pill bro… You really need some internet lessons… You come off aggressive as hell then lose it when someone barely does the same… Relax brother it’ll be ok…

<— did it knowing I’d get over the top reaction from him and six mile long post :rofl

works every time :haha

i must of read a different post. i thought you siad this was air cooled but i must of mistaken.

did you ever hear of the sledgehammer spi? or switzer performance? they have been making 1000hp porsches for years

Yea there are a bunch of air cooled motors built silly but not many 996/7s

800-1000hp 996’s are a dime a dozen these days. 1400hp+ 996s are not. it’s new territory son…

:rofl

You know I still love you! I figured as much you were just bustin my rocks.

I just want to shoot this car…bad.

I’m trying to get Tim to shoot up here this Sat for the march. Can talk to him then about it if you show up!