Frog Hair on Transit - review

What did you eat so I know not to get that? :slight_smile:

the only thing that WAS goodā€¦were the crab cake appetizer. Everything else was blandā€¦this includes everything everybody else was eating. I think i had a turkey wrap of some sort, but donā€™t recall. Howie had an awesome looking pasta dish with absolutely no flavor.

We all had great food.:gotme:
maybe the ā€œgoodā€ chef wasnā€™t working when you ate there.

Nice place, food was pretty good, service was the worse Iā€™ve had in years.

you gotta remember this is out of season for them, so they cut the prices. iā€™m sure open bar is only well and draft too. like i said iā€™ll post a real review when i get the time tomorrow.

ok hereā€™s the deal:

i was planning on getting smashed tonight, but i drove and decided to be responsible.

the place is very nice. itā€™s what you would expect if you put a bar/country club/restaurant all together into one. it was very nicely renovated inside and had a very classy feel, valet and all. tons of people inside and even more out on the patio, they had live music when we got there.

we reserved a private room. they had a guy come in and show us how everything worked, the program, all the courses, how to adjust settings, and he left us on our own. we had a light to turn on outside of the room for our server to come in, and she would take our food/drink orders and leave us be.

anyway, the simulated golf is ok. itā€™s fun, but itā€™s not like real golf, not very accurate with distances and the short game is a joke. but itā€™s amusing, and while drinking itā€™s even better. itā€™s like real life tiger woods on a massive tv screen.

for the food, we were brought pretzel bread, chicken quesadillas, wings, and beef on weck sandwiches. there were four of us, and we couldnā€™t eat everything. so it was a good amount of food, and it was pretty tasty. our server brought them in as we asked for them.

the best part was the drinks though. it really was open bar, we all drank beer, but we could get any beer that they had on tap, which includes guinness and a couple different types of sam seasonals. our server was amazing, she came by like every 15-20 mins, brought us anything we needed, and even started bringing us pitchers at one point. we had a fifth guy come up and just hang out, and she got him a glass too for no extra charge.

so for $250 ($63pp), we got open bar at a nice place for four hours, along with all the food and golf. definitely worth the money, i guess during the week itā€™s only like $180 ($45pp). will i be going here every week? noā€¦but itā€™s definitely worth checking out.