FS:1979 Pontiac Trans AM(many pics)

I have for sale a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. I have twins on the way and this is not in the budget for me right now. Drove it only a handfull of times only short distances without any problems. Engine and clutch have only a couple thousand miles on them if that since build. Tranny was bought used with low miles also.

Chevy 350 2 bolt main block bored .60 over
Moroso 7qt oil pan
Small Chamber heads(makes 11:1 compression ratio)Unknown make
Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 268/272 Camshaft
Adjustable Cam Gear
Roller Rockers
Edelbrock Perfomer RPM intake
Dart Valve Covers
Holley 650 DP Carb
Hooker Pro Comp Headers
True-dual exhaust
Live Wires Ignition Wires
Aftermarker Dizzy(Can’t remember the brand off the top of my head)
Lakewood Bulletproof Bellhousing
Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch
Richmond Gear Super T-10 4-speed transmission
Hurst Shifter
Heim Joint Steering Kit
Griffin 4-core Radiator
Aluminum Circle Track P. Steering Fluid Res
Holley Blue Electric Fuel Pump
Fuel Cell in place of tank in trunk
Battery Relocated to Trunk
American Racing Outlaw II Wheels w/8/32 tread left approx.
Stock posi rear still hooks up really good

The Body is in need of minor body work and def needs paint. The interior is in need of replacment. Guages are mostly Autometer with a stock speedo and Autozone Tach. All guages but fuel gauge work fine. Could be broken wire, bad sending unit or gauge, not sure. Car was built by a friend of mine who I purchased it from. It was going to be a drag project but he lost interest in it shorty after getting it running. The windshield wipers and motor were removed and throttle linkage extended up into cowel area and connected by a treaded rod to carb(i don’t know the benefit to this as opposed to cable throttle:gotme:). Any q’s please e-mail or call me @ 716-868-6350. Thanks for looking.

$2k OBO

Mike

you should probably wash it to help the cause. gl

congrad’s on your twins
having a baby girl on friday
good luck on selling the car & god bless

I enjoyed holding on for dear life while riding in this beast. There is a TON of potential in this car.

1100 , Thats a solid offer

This has speedped written all over it :lol:

$500 for motor & tranny. You can keep the car.

<~~interested in whole car pm me price

pm rage87 i believe he is looking for one of these exactly.

blow me :violin2:.

pm offers if you have them. and if you don’t like the price, don’t clutter my thread with a stupid post

so is 1100 clutter? I still think that’s solid, please let me know if I am off base, Thanks

$350 for motor. You pull it, $500.

why? because it runs and is not on jackstands?:violin2:

original seats? how are the floors.

2G project is not a bad price. Car has potential for some mullet head LOL

2k doesn’t sound bad if it moves good. Hold firm, someone will come along.

Aside from that rot hole shown in the pix above the body is solid. like i said b4, it needs some body work, namely that hole, front spoiler and some paint. I wouldn’t have bought it if it was a complete rot box. it would be a great project for someone who might have more time and ambition than I do currently.

and fixitrht, if that was a serious offer then no, its not clutter. I just don’t want stupid comments like “i’ll give you 2 nickel’s and a used condom” cuz that bullshit just annoys the crap outa me.

price stands as obo but remember this isn’t a charity people:deadhorse:

im sorry i didnt see a price posted when i read it the first time so i was aggravated and instead of asking i lowballed. it usually gets me further. 2k is more than fair.

move the car out of the weeds/mud and spend 2-3 hrs washing it and I bet it will sell on in a matter of days for the full 2K.
D