FS: 1983 Porsche 944

Ok…its a 1983 Porsche 944 2dr hatchback. 55,XXX original miles. 2.5lt SOHC 4cyl, 5 speed manual. Power sunroof, power windows, A/C, am/fm cassette/CD, Brand new black leather interior, brand new Copper paint sprayed last summer. Car has no rust anywhere on it. It is in exceptional condition. I will have a current pic of the car within a day or 2, but for now this is what they look like…
http://vista.pca.org/stl/red944.jpg
$7500

PM SENT!!!

no way, my friend sold his like 8 years ago for 3k… it was a white non turbo… this thing doesnt look turbo… low miles though i think his had like 80k

You right turbo didnt show up until 1986. Before anybody harps on me, this sale is for a friend. He wouldnt listen when i said the price seemed high.

haha just let him read the thread

I’ll gladly chime in on this. $7500 is a REDICULOUS sum for that car. While it looks clean extremely clean he may want to include: lastclutch job (still original rubber centered clutch that likes to destroy itself costing you $2k+?), Timing belt? When Was it last replaced? When was it last tensioned? (Tends to fail and take out the head and ends up costing you atleast 2k+), rollers/tensioners for that belt? (Last replaced? Tends to take out timing belt), Waterpump? Tends to seize and take out the previous two things mentioned. Shocks? If they are original, they are shot, oil pan gasket leaking? Tends to always blow out on 944’s. Limited slip? or not? etc etc.

The car looks insanely clean, but I’d be listing it at 6k obo IF everything I mentioned above had been refreshed, if not it’s a ticking time bomb.

Fyi, it has cookie cutter wheels, not fuchs or phone dials or d90’s :frowning:

the picture is not the car hes selling…the last line says this is what they look like implying its not the car actually for sale

Oh, in that case, everything but “looks like a nice car” still applies from my post.

I will give you $1000.00.
If it has Fuchs that are in perfect condition I will give $2000.00.
(I don’t think they will let you on the track with cookie cutters)

Cookie cutters are allowed on the track, why wouldnt they be?

Because they are fragile, pressure cast magnesium that pretty much shatter if you look at them wrong.

If I remember correctly from the Niagara Region PCA driving school they would not allow them.
It has been a while since I have driven with PCA but I do remember something about those wheels.

The wheels are crap basically.

Wrong, Cookie cutters are NOT magnesium. Shitty wheels, sure, but not magnesium.

Fine, don’t quote me on the mag part.
It was a long time ago, like when you were in diapers.:stuck_out_tongue: J/K

EDIT: Holy senior moment, I think I was confusing my old 911 engine material.:retard:

Probably :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, I wasnt trying to sound like an ass, just had a shitty day, not that it’s relevant.

I just edited my post.:biglaugh:

holy fuck thats a lot of money! i sold my '84 944 for $3500. it had almost all of the maintianence done on it listed by MPD47 (clutch i am not sure of but it seemed fine), had ~125,XXX on it, and overall i’d give it a 7.5 out of 10 for condition. he is asking WAY too much for this can IMO

Not to be a smart ass but, why would someone pay that much for that car?
Performance? No.
Cheap to own? No.
exotic styling? No.

A car like that would be some fun but considering you could rack thousands of dollars in maintance/repairs and still end up with a 20 year old 17lbs/hp car, why would you do that?

does this car reside at a house on clinton street by chance?

No thats the Bielinskis…they built my parents house…diff. car.

yea i went to school with him, it was a shot in the dark tho cause i knew that car looked stupid clean too :stuck_out_tongue: