Fs: 1989 & 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa Cars

ITEM: 1989 & 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa
PRICE: $7,500 OBO May consider trades
DESCRIPTION:
1989 Toyota Supra
Targa
5spd
Turbo car.

Minimal rust…2 dime size on drive door and some bubbling under the rear wing main support.

Car will need paint no matter what as the clear coat is faded and there are some minor dings here and there but very solid car.

Has a mildly built motor that has low compression

motor built at d&f performance
ross pistons bored .020 over
shot peened stress relieved rods
new crank bearings
new rod bearings
Toga high volume oil pump
jdm block with oil squirters
fresh head
3 angle valve job
ngk blue spark plug wires
chrome spark plus galley cover
4:30 lsd rear diff
newer subframe
pte 680cc injectors
act 5600 clutch
all custom 3" IC pipes
obx Intercooler
generic fpr
2002 celica seats
custom 3 inch exhuast
3inch v band flange
apexi turbo dunk muffler - discontinued
new lower rad hose

So I bought a bigger stronger motor
This started out as a 1990 7M-GTE engine with 62K miles. I wanted to build it for high hp and being this new with low miles thought it would be the perfect start. I took it out and brought it to a machine shop where they went thru it top to bottom. It has been crack tested and fully cleaned. The block was bored .40 over and I bought new NR racing pistons and rods to match. The block was honed with a special crosshatch to match the new rings. ARP bolts were purchased for the connecting rods for extra strength. The head was fully disassembled, cleaned, tested for leaks, spec’ed out, all new seals were installed and valves adjusted. The head was also ported. The block was milled along with the head. The main caps were rebuilt and the crank was cleaned and re grund. I was set back over 2 grand in the engine work alone not including the new pistons, rings, rods, APR bolts exc. I am including all the parts with the block and head to assemble it including cams, water pump, crank,distributor,oil pan,valve covers,motor mounts exc.

This motor needs to be assembled and dropped in the car.

What you will need to make it run:

A t4 turbo
Assemble engine
Engine Management

I have a megaton of pics but here are a few:

Since the 89 does not currently run I am throwing in my perfect running 1987 Turbo Targa car with a 5 angle valve job head, arp bolts, and metal HG. This car runs exceptionally well and has compression from 149-156. The body is shot but it runs and shifts great. Rear end has a whine in it but I got the care solely for the drivetrain. Has a clean Canadian title.

So total package will be both of the cars, Tial BOV, Precision 750hp FMIC, Unassembled “race” motor. Greddy Turbo manifold with t4 spacer. Optima Red Top battery.
Also willing to consider trades. Thanks

omg amazing glws!!!

how much 4 supra?

u suck. just finish them.

errr uh. i may want one of the 7m-gte

Something has come up that I could really use the downpayment $ for.

Engine bay pic of the silver car.

I would rather not part out anything yet except maybe sell off the “race” motor.

holy shit!

Well … Who the fuck didnt see this happening

It’s the best bet in town. But my needs have changed. I don’t go to meets, I have no desire to street race, I might go to NYIRP once a year. I want something with leather AC and a decent rumble to cruise around in and enjoy.

so your trying to get a TBSS or a new G8

not quite :wink:

willing to sell the red car seperately?

or want to sell the “race” motor with a tranny/rear diff/wiring harness/etc?

Solo…I would consider selling the red car but it would have to be what I paid for it.

I would consider selling the race motor with the red car shell for the right price…if you are serious AIM me at Zracing91.

I see a sweet truck again.I’ll let a guy I know that’s into supras know
D

man if i sold my car i would be tempted to buy the silver one as a toy and a vette as a reliable toy. it would be a neat little car.

how much do built 2jz’s go for? are the engine bay constraints similar to mkiv supras’?

2jz’s fit well into the mk3…no problems.

u can even keep the mk3 trans with an adapter plate. or the getrag 6spd.

the motors for a 2jz gte start stock around 1500 from an aristo…built can cost upwards of 20g but mild builds are typical of what you would be used for the lsx engines. cams are the biggest shocking price increase.

i bet, thats a nice thing about 1 cam, lol. hmm

let me know if you ever sell the roller

can do…hopefully solo gets back to me.

atleast u had the thoughts ready at one point. u and sedlmiester should start a i cant make up my mind on cars club

pm’d

PM’s replied to.

YOU BLOW

but i understand why. :slight_smile: