FS: 1998 240sx 43K miles $10,500 auto $12,000 manual

Make/Model: Kouki
Asking Price: $ 10,500 - $12,000 (OBO)
Condition: Used
Mileage: 43-44k miles under 70,000 km
Contact Info: Send PM for contact details and to schedule a meet

1998 kouki, 98% stock, only 43-44k miles (under 70,000 km) on chassis and engine. Yes, american car, absolutely no rust!
Stock ka24de. Currently auto tranny, schedualed for manual swap in a couple weeks, $10,500 with auto tranny, $12,000 with manual tranny.
I think the only thing not stock is the rear bumper… and some “wood trim” (not done by me) in the interior (just stick on).
Very Very clean. But it does have a “Rebuilt Title”.
Certified two weeks ago. In the shop right now getting e-canisters in the rear bumper.

will post more pics next week.

$1500 for a tranny swap? New clutch and what other parts?

you may want to include a price with MT parts in the trunk for potential buyers that are handy…

I dont have all the parts yet for the manual swap. I do have a connection for the tranny, bolts, lower wiring harnes…
But I can throw those in if I get an offer while its still an auto tranny.
It would probably cost between $1,200 - $1,500 to have the MT swap and parts professionally done.

why does this vehicle have a rebuilt title?

um??? because it was in an accident, branded salvage, professionally repaired. After that it had a structural safety, then it has to be branded rebuilt “brand-rebuilt”. Without branding it rebuilt you would not know it was ever in an accident. Thats why the price in a few thousand less than market for a 43k mile kouki.

did u buy this car last summer from the original importer?

not that i care whos it was, but before i come see the car i wanna make sure its not the same one i passed up on last summer…
please post or pm me the name of the owner before you so that i can figure it out… thanks man

As Varun asked is this the one sold last summer? Seems very similar and if it was what is with the price jump?

Ever heard of profit? :smiley: There’s quite a few people on this board that do it, buy cars and flip them for a profit.

This was not purchased from London. I bought it in North Bay New Years Eve.
Yes I did pay less than im asking. I have also put alot of money into it to have a mechanical and structural safety done. Now it is 100% rebuilt.
Come and take it for a test drive!

what exactly was wrong with the car before? Why didn’t it pass structural safety when you bought it?

The guy that rebuilt it did not have his licence to do a structural safety. So I purchased it as salvage…had the safety, now its “branded rubuilt”
Is this new to alot of people??? It’s a pretty common thing.
For anyone who has any doubts, come take it for a test drive, I have it fully insured, and its a very clean s14!

i remember this kouki…

this was the first one i had my eyes on, was going to buy and everything, but the guy selling was all the way in thunder bay…

wasn’t this going for $8-9g’s before?

yeah, north bay. it was a 5 hour drive for me to go see it. That was around the price I bought it for, but I have put money into it too.
I will accept Best Offer, Those prices are not firm.

Price Drop!!!
$9,500 FIRM with auto Tranny, includes MT and most parts for swap.
price is only good until next week when MT goes in,
Then it will go in the Trader for $12,500.

why do you want to sell such a nice rare kouki?

you claim you’ve done the structural and everything, then, why end up selling it anyway?

I bought Andrew’s S14, You may remember he had that one for sale. It already had an sr20det in it.
I know it would have been nice to do all the work myself and make all the decisions about the install. But now I really need the money from the '98 Kouki (only 2,178~ made on north america) to upgrade the '96 to a show/street/track car.

pics from today

more pics

last pics

Still has AT and I will take $9,500 inc most MT parts.
Very clean 43k original miles, come take it for a drive.
It will probably go for the MT swap end of next week then off to the trader for $12,000