FS: 2000 Audi A6

Bump 10,500 ,someones gotta want this

I wish I had a little sister!

Bumping this back up from awhile ago for my father, wants to try and get rid of it again… 7000 o.b.o Still needs some work (abs module I believe- its throwing lights on the dash that read abs or something)

90772 miles, forgot to add that

how many miles are on it now? any other check engine lights? when is the inspection good till?

Any suspension problems?

The abs/brake light is on as well as the check engine light. Inspection good through november of 2007. Im not sure baout the suspension. I dont drive it, my 50 yr old dad does so I couldnt tell ya…

bump

ugh… this thing is nice. Why hasn’t someone on here picked this up yet?

If you’re truly asking this question to receive an answer, I’ll give it a shot.

1. these cars typically sell at auctions for around $6k, so your pricing is now right at market
  2. ABS/Brake light on that particular car could indicate an ABS controller failure, which would mean a decent amount of money to fix
  3. check engine lights scare people, and it would probably be a good idea to get it diagnosed
  4. check engine lights also mean that the car is uninspectable, and given that the inspection is up next month (besides the fact that by the letter of the law, a new owner has to reinspect the car anyway), the value of the car is diminished even more.

So, my suggestion is to fix, or at least get the car diagnosed properly, with documentation, so that a new prospective owner knows what he/she is getting into.

My! What a HUGE signature you have.

good luck with the sale…i was trying to sell a 2000 audi a6 2.7T and decided to keep it. no one offered that was a little close to my asking price.

bump

the check engine light is on because of an exhaust leak, suspension is fine.

my roommate’s dad’s A6 had the ABS failure, it’s not e cheap fix… 12-1500+

Very doubtful that a simple exhaust leak is causing a check engine light. If the code is related to an oxygen sensor, secondary air system or an EVAP problem, then it’s likely a larger issue.