FS: 2001 Audi TT 225hp quattro-salvage

up for sale is my brothers 2001 TT 6spd, AWD that has been in car accident. 114k miles on it. still runs and drives the interior is in good shape. the car is complete aside from what is damaged. has 2 week old tires, 1 year on the vmax coilovers, and a new clutch. this is the model with the bigger ko4 turbo, stronger connecting rods and a few other things over the standard 1.8t. asking 3k for the whole thing before i start parting it. pm or text 518-879-8891

800 is a legit offer BTW. I know this was totaled, no way it wasn’t, so you already got paid for it.

$800 is prolly what he bought it back from the insurance company for and hes tryin to make some doe off reselling it… Thought about buying my infiniti back but the ni99as wanted $7k smashed the fuck up lol.

yeh i was actually searious about the 3k. im just going of the prices i see on vortex.
this is in the parts section guys, its worth 3k if u part it out u can make some profit

I know Dave. That’s why I’m offering him 800. He can negotiate with me over it if he wants. I’d even pick it up. :shrug

please no negative comments about the accident. my brother learned his lesson and lets just leave it at that.

and dave im sorry about your car im sure you made out good off the insurance

come on motor alone is worth well over 1k easy bro.

have a friend interested in k04 if it is parted

yeh im gona wait till the end of the month till im gone with school before i start parting it but ill let you know.

I cant imagine removing the motor would be tough…the front end is fucked, just bust out a reciprocating saw and hack up the front end leaving the motor exposed, not like you have to worry about scratching the paint lol.

Depends on how bad the front end really is. I’ve straightened them before, it just takes a lot of time and patience. Can’t tell shit from the pictures. If it’s shot then yeah you can just cut it all apart.

“stronger connecting rods”

:rofl

Nahh kiid, same shits that have been in every 1.8T since, the 1.8T.

Honestly, there is well over 3K in parting that car out. Is that a 6 speed & quattro? If so I might know someone interested in the trans, clutch flywheel, shift box, spindles, hubs, brakes, etc.

AMU 1.8t’s have forged rods while othe didnt?? i keep reading that the 225 tt had “stronger stock internals” but not finding exacty what is the diffrence. and yes its got the 6spd and quattro as i stated earlier, if you can let your buddy know about this that would be awsome.

Why was my post deleted?

If the rods were different thats news to me. AEB pistons VS all the others were slightly stronger, but I am 99.9% sure the rods, cranks, errry thing else 1.8T are all the same weak ass parts… IE bend at 250-300whp.

never the less there are PLENTY of good parts on that car. I passed the info along to my friend about the 6 speed stuff.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?p=955369#post955369