Sippin' and whippin' [split]

http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=30042

:rofl

No freaking way :rofl

lmfaooo

Too bad it’s so smashed. I’d love to have this. Got 800 for it.

does it come with the other half of the bottle of vodka?

is this ***** fo serious???

$3,000?! Hahahaha

yeah, ive got no problems against your brother and hope hes alright legally, like I said in the other thread, he showed alot of concern and asked if I was ok half a dozen times… We all do stupid shit sometimes, fuck it.

A motor I’d have to take the time to pull. One that is probably a bitch to get out when nothing is bent or broken, compounded with everything that’s wrong with it. The value of each part is offset by my time pulling it, my fuel to go and pick the car up and my trailer fee. 1k bucks would be my final offer, picked up, with the title.

Like I said, I realize the engine is worth around 1k but you already got paid once and I’d have to take a lot of time pulling it out, or cutting it out… depending on what I ended up wanting to do with the car. It’s ruined as it sits. :dunno

then dont fucking buy it.

Probably not going to. Relax bud.

Is that the cup he was drinking the vodka out of in the cup holder?

Sippin and whippin.

Sippin’ an dippin

Sippin and rear endin

“stronger connecting rods”

Nahh kiid, same shits that have been in every 1.8T since, the 1.8T.

Honestly, there is well over 3K in parting that car out. Is that a 6 speed & quattro? If so I might know someone interested in the trans, clutch flywheel, shift box, spindles, hubs, brakes, etc.

I dont see a motor with 114k being worth $1k. Maybe $700 but not much more.

well you arent in the VW market are ya.

Head itself is worth $300-450 and will sell in less than 2 weeks on vortex.
Bottom end is worth about the same.
The little things like the drivers side throttlebody intake is worth about $80 for MK4 jetta/gti guys for better IC routing.

If its got a good timing belt, head, etc. the motor is 100% worth the 1K to someone who just popped a timing belt, and crashed the valves and pistons. Hell a timing belt kit is $350, and we charge $350-400 labor to replace it. Less the head ($300,) pistons if they are dimpled and cracked… it adds up. A 1.8T can be swapped in and out in about 5 hrs on a MK4 chassis.

K04-022 turbo, manifold, oil lines, coolant lines, inlet pipe, hot side pipe, 380cc injectors, twin side mount IC’s, is worth about $700+ to some MK4 jetta/gti swap guys too.

If I didnt want another POS sitting at the shop, I would have already bought it and would part it out. I parted out a broken timing belt 1.8T jetta a few years ago and made $3800 OVER the cost of the car I paid for.

That car is worth a decent chunk.

I guess Im used to buying Chevy junk where an 85k v6 goes for $750 or less

TT parts go are also over priced compared to a mk4 parts. and judging by the amount of pm’s im getting for parts on vortex i would say parts are some what hard to get.