FS: 2001 Neon

I am just checking interest on this (if there even would be any). This was my daily driver before I got my 240. I’ve owned it since 63,000 and it now has 137,000 on it. The car is silver, 5spd with A/C, factory 4 disc, yada yada. The story why it’s sitting right now is that it won’t go into 2nd, 4th or reverse but other than that it’s great. I have recently come across a friend the same car but his was written off (all cosmetic). So I pulled his motor and tranny which has 117 ish but has a lightened flywheel and newer clutch. So before I go swapping it in heres what I will be offering in a couple of months or so (sooner if someone with cash expresses interest)

• New windsheild as the current one has a crack

• New brakes all around

• New Tires all around with replacement certificates

• The new tranny and the old parts will come with it as spares if desired

• Recharged and functional A/C

• Cert and E-tested with a full tank of gas

I was going in the ballpark of 4000.00. Or would trade with just the tranny swapped out for a decent SR20DET setup. Let me know what you think.

You would have to find a different tranny because your neon if FWD, there are options though if you get serious…

I’d just do an SRT4 swap I’m sure its wayyyy easier, plus the engine can handle more power. I knew a guy running 450whp on an internally stock srt4

LOL no man I’m selling the neon regardless, the SR20DET I would want for my S-13. And yeah, before spending any money at all the SRT 4 swap is superior (I’ve looked it up many times as I’ve had the car for the past 4 years). Just thinking it would be a good car for someone who needs decent reliable transportation, the car was really good to me in that respect… I mean the transmission was the only problem I ever had with the car the whole time I owned it.