FS: 2003 350z "Track" w/ APS TT + cage (price drop)

So I’m seriously thinking I want to get into BMW CCA DEs and club racing. What can I say, I’ve been bitten by the bug… Anyhow, I’m thinking it might be time to part with my Z in order to fund that effort:

http://www.dmoffitt.net/images/350z-ivy.jpg

2003 Pikes Peak White “Track”

Engine
APS Twin Turbo kit
Built engine (JE+Eagle, full machining and new everything incl. seals, bearings etc).
APS plenum
Greddy EVO TT + APS 3.5" test pipes
AAM fuel return system
650cc injectors
ATS Carbon twin-plate clutch/fly/pp
Nearly new OEM transmission - replaced from factory defective 5th/6th for free @ Nissan right after I bought it

Suspension/Brakes
APS strut tower bar
Stock suspension
Hawk HT10 pads
Goodridge brake lines
Stoptech 2pc Aero Rotors (brand new, like $1500)
Motul RBF-600 brake fluid (higher temp than Superblue / Typ-200)
Nismo LMGT4s w/ Pilot Sport PS2s (just replaced all 4, 1 event on the fronts)

Body
Siebon hood (painted except vents)
Urethane Nismo replica front bumper (molded lip)
Stock HID low beams, 4300K HID highs (XenonDepot - Phillips german kit)

Chassis
Rear half roll cage - amazing chassis stiffening. Single door bar for easy entry/exit, non-intrustive on the street - actually has MORE cargo room than stock. Rear half of the car doesn’t have the interior plastics installed (or carpet)
Shaved antenna - no more “radio controlled Z” look :wink:

Electronics
Defi gauges: Oil Temp, Boost, EGT w/ controller (used to tune, probably not included at this price, maybe for another few hundred?)
TurboXS UTEC tuned by Sharif @ Forged and Mike @ Innovative Tuning (Buffalo NY)
Blitz boost controller - I keep the car at 8-10 PSI at all times, I’m interested in smooth linear power, not all-out speed

Over $26,000 invested in parts alone NOT including shipping, labor, etc… but hey, selling a used performance car is an excellent case of “my loss your gain” :slight_smile:

I can be quite flexible. I’d be willing to pull the engine and put in a stock VQ35 (used) for someone who wanted a starting race car platform and was worried about classing. I’d be willing to sell it MINUS any drivetrain. Right now it has really high-end door speakers installed - Dynaudios - those could be removed or I could put a head unit and amp of your choice (used to work at an audio shop) - aka if you want it to be more or less streetable, let me know.

Car has seen just a couple of Driver’s Ed track days and autox events - it’s been adult owned / driven / maintained - I bought it at 13k miles and have taken GREAT care of it.

UPDATE: Car has about 54,000 miles, 8k post-turbo-install / engine build. Door speakers have been removed, I’m having ProCar install a (used) set of Corbeau Forza FIA fixed-back seats and 5-points (keeping the stock belts for legality, and I’ll include the stock seats too) and finish off the rear half of the car re: aesthetics… why, since I’m selling it? Cuz I might just say stuff it and keep the car lol, and either way I want to see it “done” :slight_smile:

REDUCED PRICE to $25,250 or CLOSE offer - any questions, email me at david.moffitt@mac.com

Pictures (many in-progress etc) at http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmoffitt/sets/1796130/

damn dude, didnt you just get this finished at the end of last summer?

white + bronze = best combo anyone has ever seen.

End of story.

Such a nice car, and it was built right…

g/l

yup. and it’s one HELL of a car - but the idea of having two e30s one race one street makes it SUPER easy re: parts etc. and cheaper :wink:

Damn… GLWS.

An e30 is a stupid platform for a race car. E36 is superior in every way. every.

well, what I get to replace the Z isn’t as big of a deal as “the Z isn’t what I really should be in right now” - but hey, that’s why this is a “FEELER” not “OMG SOMEONE BUY THIS NOW” :smiley:

so thats one of the nicest cars iv seen!!!glws

How many miles are on it now? (I can’t find it in the description)

x…

Oops, 52,000 miles approx. About 4-5k with the turbo kit if I had to guess.

what kinda power is it making?

enough? :smiley: it depends on boost etc. I haven’t dyno’d it since we put on the new exhaust and re-tuned it, so I can’t claim a number. If I had to guess, I’d say in the range of 400hp at 8-9psi - there are enough 350zs with this kit and similar mods that if you look on MY350z.com you could get a rough idea of power expectations. The engine’s good for 6-700+

fap fap

wait this is a import

nice car… exactly how i would build one if i had the time, money, know how…

very nice

very hot car glws!

depends on what class you want to race in. but for a money is no object scenario, E36>>E30.

Can you inspect this car in NYS?

Actually, yes. :wink: I should be getting it inspected in the next couple of days, had to wait a few readyness cycles, was getting a check-engine from a bad cam position sensor (factory recall, replaced @ Dorschel).

BUMP - reduced price (dramatically) - I’ve lined up a potential race car and want this sold.

This is the best daily-drivable (no winter) street car you can get for under 60k imo. 500hp on pump gas no problem (no, I haven’t dynoed it or turned up the boost past 12psi), yet very streetable / controllable. Rides GREAT, comfortable, even good for road trips.

I’d be extremely jealous of the person who scoops this up. Nice ride friend.

saw this car in person at last auto-x. its sweet!