FS: 2007 Silver STI, less than 9k miles

For Sale:
2007 Subaru WRX STI. Car is in Rochester, NY. I bought the car in March and daily drove it until about a month ago with AutoX’s throughout the season. 8,799 miles on the car as of last night. The car is prepped for A-Stock, as I was planning on running it next year in that classing. The 2007 has some minor difference from the 2004-2006’s, mainly longer gearing and difference in the heads. From what I have been told from other people co-driving, the car feels faster than the other year STIs, but after driving others myself, I didnt feel much difference. If you do road race, the extended gearing does make a large difference [4th redlines at 109 instead of 97], but only gets you an extra few mph in 2nd [58’ish instead of 55’ish]. I couldnt tell you exact numbers as I was always running with larger tires than stock.

The car is completely stock with the exception of the following:
Ohlin Fixed-Perch Struts
Whiteline 27-29mm adjustable front sway bar
HP+ pads on all 4 corners.

I actually found that the car rides better than stock on the Ohlins on a soft setting, my girlfriend loved them almost as much as I did! Too bad I cant say the same about the Whiteline and the HP+'s, I think I appreciated them much more than she did.

Other things that I have for the car: Tein front strut bar, factory turbo gauge that never was installed, set of 4 '06 silver STI BBS wheels and stock tires, both with about 2000 miles on them of easy miles, and a set of 4 Blizzaks [225/45-17] for the winter. Right now I have the stock wheels on the car with a set of Azenis RT-615s [245/45-17] that were used as my AutoX tires, and they have about half the tread left on the tires.

I am looking for $32,000 with the current suspension installed and all the stock stuff parts in boxes, or $30,500 with the suspension put back to stock. Sale will get the extra set of wheels and tires.

send me a PM or email and I will forward any pics you want. Make an offer, the worst I can do is say no.

Thanks,
Ed [edwin.jeffries@gmail.com]

Also, would be willing to consider trades + cash for a 1993-95 MR2 N/A. Not looking for any 91-92s.

You can get a brand new STi for about 30.91k. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1339390

Actually I know a few people who have purchased for under 30k (2007 - new) locally.

Thumbs up to the Ohlins, good luck with sale.

I agree, the car isnt worth the 30.5K alone. But I am also factoring in that I am not going on and selling the perfect condition wheels and tires. If you search Nasioc, usually a set of BBS’s go for around 700-1000 depending on how good the tires are, and I could get another 250 for the winters.

Also… I dont have those pesky dealer delivery charges that always get tacked on at the end.

If someone is interested in the car without the wheels and tires, and back to stock, asking price is $29,500, which as always is negotiable to an extent.

ugh you don’t want to switch from the STi to an MR2, I went the opposite route of your intended switch, and wow the STi > MR2 big time.

Besides, how can I beat on you in STU in autocross if you sell the STi?! :slight_smile:

(this is jim with the white sti, by the way)

[quote=“chino,post:5,topic:35003"”]

ugh you don’t want to switch from the STi to an MR2, I went the opposite route of your intended switch, and wow the STi > MR2 big time.

Besides, how can I beat on you in STU in autocross if you sell the STi?! :slight_smile:

(this is jim with the white sti, by the way)

[/quote]

Well, next year I would be in AS on some 275s if I do end up keeping the STI.

Unfortunately, I do realize how much I am going to be dying in the MR2 vs. the STI in the overall fun factor, but for that matter I have already raced the 1996 Impreza L a few times and didnt have an absolutely horrible time.

Way for all of you STU guys to flake on the Seneca event btw :)… I got put into the bump class and had to go against Chris Chui, Brett Wallace, and and bunch of other good drivers… I was really wanting to beat up on you guys a bit… :loopie: [Sorry, I just always wanted to use that smiley, but there is never a good place for it.]

I am just wanting to put some money away instead of dishing it all out on a brand new STI. Plus… an MR2 in my hands will end up in SM2 down the road… and that will be more fun than the STI for about the same overall price, just spread out more.

MR2 is a cool car no doubt… just old, less reliable blah blah blah.

also it is a strange comparison in terms of handling, the MR2 is certainly a very good car handling wise, it is just really different than the STI. I remember as soon as I got my STI the immediate difference I felt was the STI “handled like a tank”, it FELT like it was not nearly as tight as my mr2 (mr2 had modded suspension though), but the STI was much more steady and overall I felt like it handles much better.

Either way you’ll have fun, the later gen MR2 will be hard to find, also replace that turbo, the USDM one blows it dies out after about 4K rpm.

If you are going to be at NCCC this sunday we can chat :tup:

We will chat at NCCC. But I am looking for a N/A. I am going insanely slower than the STI… not just a little slower.

Basically you cant compete in B-Stock with the turbo, but last year at national finals the MR2 dominated ES. Plus, ES in FLR has 2 of the best drivers we have. Down the line if I were going to go into SM2 you might as well get the base model anyway and build the engine.

MR2 in SM2 is such a bad idea.

I think you need to buy a set of slicks for the L and run HS for a couple seasons. Then, when you are ready, you can pick out a competitive car.

But no one listens to me.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:9,topic:35003"”]

MR2 in SM2 is such a bad idea.

I think you need to buy a set of slicks for the L and run HS for a couple seasons. Then, when you are ready, you can pick out a competitive car.

But no one listens to me.

[/quote]

MR2 can be a good car if you know how to drive it… just not a car you learn to drive very quickly I don’t think :slight_smile:

I only got mine to autocross twice because it was always f’ed up for one reason or another, I was horrible in it :lol:

I say that because if he is comparing nationally competitive drivers in classes, I’m sure he must have noticed that SM2 has some very, very beastly cars in it. Like trying to run a civic in SM.

Haha, I know better than to think it will be nationally competetive in SM2. But at the same time, I am already looking to go from a car that has a tough learning curve to a car that is much better to learn on. If you are going to tell me that it is easier to get better in a 300hp car vs a 135hp car… then I think we will just have to agree to disagree. That is the STI of course, the L is even less hp, but honestly I would go insane with that car for more than the end of this year. Plus considering how much Andrea and I want to RallyX the L over the winter, I somehow dont think it will last to next AutoX season anyway.

If the MR2 ever does become a SM2 car, it is because I would want a project car to have fun with. That is of course if the MR2 lasts more than 2 years, so far I havent kept a car more than 10 months since I was 16.

As much fun as it is discussing how I am making a mistake selling the STI, and how much more of a mistake it is to buy an MR2, I am still trying to sell the STI here. Both Jims, just yell at me on Sunday with whatever opinions you have. :smiley:

bump

if you are interested in the car, but have no need for the extra wheels/tires, in stock form I am asking 29.5k

if you sell the car and need to sell the snows separate, let me know I think they will fit on my evo…

http://picasaweb.google.com/edwin.jeffries/2007SubaruSTI

nice car dude glws

Updating:

Price drop to 27.5k 12,250 on the odometer as of yesterday.

paging willybeen

Free bump for you, and from a fellow MR2 guy:

If your concern is the rear suspension changes, and synchro improvements on the 93-95, I’ve driven both and can tell you the difference is not as big as you’d expect. The 93-95’s don’t oversteer as badly, but you can still easily snap-oversteer-die in them. The tranny is a NICE change from the typical crunchy 2-3 gear synchros on the 91-92’s. If you need anymore info feel free to PM me.

Good luck selling your car.