TW/FS/FT: 2004 STi Aspen White

I am considering downgrading… bought a house, have a semi project car, thinking of stepping down to a new 07/08 WRX. Will consider trades if it is a good daily, pretty much limited to wrx’s though, but will consider others.

Specs of car:
2004 aspen white STi
45K miles, powertrain warranty to 60K, extended bumper to bumper warranty to 100K or 2011, transferable, or refundable (approx 1K).

Nothing wrong with the car, only notable issue is it has rear strut clunk which pretty much every one of these cars has on stock suspension. works perfectly fine, just is noisey. If you jack the car up and down a few times it will stop for a week, if you jack it up and lube the struts it will stop for months.

Basically stock, minor modifications include:
“Performance”:
Vibrant catback exhaust, pretty loud, im a ricer what can I say. I have the stock exhaust though
Kartboy rear swaybar endlinks

Looks:
STI V-limited front lip (urethane, good quality replica)
Rota tarmac II’s gold 17x7.5 (I believe) wrapped with 225/45/17 snows (avalanche extremes). Some curb rash from an autocross run in. not damaged, just rashed.
OZ Superleggera’s coated deep bronze 17x8 has 225/45/17 azenis on them, they are pretty beat from autocross but for daily driving they have some minor life left.
06 wrx trunk swap, debadged except middle subaru logo

ICE:
Onmi boost gauge, can set to full color spectrum, currently is set to STi hottt pink.
Options here…
Currently wired for pioneer AVIC-D3 navi, unit is out waiting for a new one from pioneer
Also have my previous radio, Alpine CDA-9811, CD/MP3/WMA player
US Accoustics amp… no idea on specs, came with the car.

I think thats everything. now for pricing.

Bone stock (except for trunk, and rota’s), with Alpine headunit and amp 22,500 OBO with extended warranty. KBB is 21,9XX without extended warranty.

with everything including navi, 24,000 OBO. Just bought the navi, was brand new, replacement will be brand new, 1K unit retail, OZ’s pull 1K with tires, exhaust, lip etc. I can sell these separately, or install in new car which I will do if it doesn’t pull the extra $$. If you want some of the mods and not others we can discuss price.

this is a semi-serious sale so don’t expect a lowball offer to be accepted. I will keep the car, just thinking about lowering my payments.

Some pictures… there are no blemishes on the car that I can pinpoint, was driven through one winter, was washed very frequently so undercarriage is still clean.

Never raced:

White is so pretty.

I love your car. Well from the pics i have seen. But i am not in the market to buy anything for another 7-8 months. If you still have it then i would be interested for sure. GLWS

I may still have it… it’s one of those things where I would sell it if all of the variables line up, but otherwise I’ll keep it. I mean I love the car and it is an awesome daily driver, but I mean I have had it over a year and thats the longest i’ve ever kept a car I think! :slight_smile:

Keep it its so hot. BTW i was meaning to ask a STI owner what kind of gas mileage do you get city/hwy? I want one bad but if i keep my lame f-bod i think i might get a SUV so i can tow it when it breaks.

my mpg floats around 20

yea im around 20 as well, but i will get on it at least once a week which is undoubtedly netting me about 8mpg :stuck_out_tongue:

On the track I think I get 1 mpg. Normally I get between 21 and 24, but I don’t do much city driving.

ugh… if you would have only put this up a week ago…
nm, i couldn;t afford the insurance.

ugh i like it

correct me if i’m wrong, but how much money would you really be saving by going down to an 07/08 wrx? i can’t imagine a whole lot…

This makes no sense at all. Buying an 07 WRX will likely put you in the same financial boat and you’ll be left with a far lesser vehicle in every way. The difference in insurance premiums in no way makes up for the difference in the two cars.

If you were selling it for something cheap, or a different style of car or something I could see it.

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:11,topic:38046"”]

correct me if i’m wrong, but how much money would you really be saving by going down to an 07/08 wrx? i can’t imagine a whole lot…

[/quote]

thats what i was thinking. you are selling a car for 21-23 and buying a car that runs about the same, and maybe even a touch more.

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:12,topic:38046"”]

This makes no sense at all. Buying an 07 WRX will likely put you in the same financial boat and you’ll be left with a far lesser vehicle in every way. The difference in insurance premiums in no way makes up for the difference in the two cars.

[/quote]

the sti will probably depreciate way slower than a WRX

If you were selling it for something cheap, or a different style of car or something I could see it.

[/quote]

who said I was buying it ? may just lease.

insurance is pretty much exactly the same if i had to guess, also these cars are new, which mine is not.

again this all depends on a lot, still need to know if there is interest in the car or not.

may not even get a wrx, regardless, its unimportant to this thread.

Yeah if you want to get your payment down your gonna have to find a older wrx, one you can pickup for like 10 gs.

[/quote]

Ugh, don’t say FAR lesser vehicle… you are making me feel bad about buying one.

the reason I went with a wrx over a used sti was… I could get a brand new car…with a warrenty and low apr and much lower insurance.

Havin drivin a sti, I think the O.P will be really disapointed in buying a new wrx…becuasse you wil be around teh same payments, like everyone said.

If you want to keep with a wrx…buy a 02…those can be had for like 14 grand. still a fun car.

PS. Mike innovative. I’ll be calling you this spring for some cobb tuning :slight_smile:
I was the one who bought your 02 wrx off you about 3 years ago.

WTB: STI that hasn’t been Zong’d.

Well it is the truth… Anyone who has driven both can immediately tell you several key differences between the two. The DCCD alone makes the STi a whole other car.

I do remember you. It’s nice to hear you got another Subaru. I know the last one got wrecked rather quickly, but I’m sure it kept you safe. Hopefully this one will last you a while. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:19,topic:38046"”]

Well it is the truth… Anyone who has driven both can immediately tell you several key differences between the two. The DCCD alone makes the STi a whole other car.

I do remember you. It’s nice to hear you got another Subaru. I know the last one got wrecked rather quickly, but I’m sure it kept you safe. Hopefully this one will last you a while. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

word, I fully understand, and it is all going to come down to money and how badly I want to keep the STi. Sometimes in life priorities change though. :wink:

Also I’m not going to lie I am intrigued to see how the hatch handles… I know its not going to compare, it is a whole different car.

I’ve also thought about going back to a GC8, always loved those cars. Sadly as I’ve been spending some time looking around i’ve found myself pondering numerous STI swapped GC8’s. Prices seem to finally be starting to come down. That would be a badddd call for me though, regardless, very tempting.