Wrx or Sti

So I’m getting either a wrx or an sti this year. I’ll be trading in my 2010 mazdaspeed 3 with 14k on it currently. So what’s everyone’s opinion? The Sti would be within the week as its a 2011 5 door with 13k on it and the wrx will be a 2013 built my way 5 door limited with nav. The wrx wouldnt come until December.

Is the 5 door STI white?

If it’s the one I’m thinking of I know the previous owner. The motor blew at 7k miles and got a new one NOT under warranty as Subaru USA voided it because he changed his own oil. But under their “good will” policy they replaced it so they could void his warranty and make him sign papers saying he wouldn’t try to lemon law it.

Plus side is that it may still have the Cobb software on it (I believe he had an accessport)

That is all the input I have. If it were me I’d buy whatever was a better deal financially. Ask yourself if you can justify or need to pay more per month than the other one.

No I was told it was silver. It was traded in at west herr BMW . The wrx would be cheaper I’m pretty sure. But only a matter of like 2k.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

The trade off is about equal too. The wrx will have full Leater , moon roof, and nav the Sti will have the bbs wheels, brembos, the differential control and the bullet proof 6 speed.

Hands down STI in my opinion. The number one reason for this is the 6sp indestructable transmission. Number two I think would probably be resale. STIs are very easy to sell.

Even with the used part ? I’m just skeptical on used cars. I prefer new so I only buy new but I can get an Sti with only 13k for the price of a wrx. So I’m totally thinking about it.

I would go with the used STi

That’s what I’m leaning towards. They said it has my name on it. It should be in from Rochester today hopefully.

If it’s only a 2k price difference, STI all the way.

I’m a big fan of buying used but I’d be really scared of a used STi just because such a disproportionate number of them have been modded, abused then dumped back to stock and traded in compared to your typical used car.

Exactly ^ unless you knew the previous owner or had redic. paperwork from everything that was done on it

Well yeah that’s my concern too. I mean by the looks of the year and miles he only had it for a year and he traded in on a new BMW but that doesn’t mean he didn’t mod it or anything. I’ll have to see if it has paper work and stuff

If it were me, I’d go for the WRX

sti…

if it ever gets here!! ugh so impatient !

All I can say is I’ve raced both cars on an auto-x course and tracked an STI. The difference is night and day.
Although, the old wrx compared to the STI was extremely night and day, and the new wrx vs and STI is much less night and day…but it’s still night and day. Rebuild/replace just even 1 transmission and you’ll be wishing you bought the STI.

exaclty why i want the sti. i plan on modding and idk what the 5 speed can really handle safely

See what warranty you can get out of the dealer on the STi.

warranties die with mods haha unless you un mod for the warranty work

They will still warranty everything as long as there isn’t a downpipe. Just remove that (if you’re going to get one) and reset the ecu back to stock. KEEP ALL YOUR OIL CHANGE RECEIPTS.

There are so many of these threads on every forum I belong to lol. The new wrx vs the new Sti is hardly night and day. The wrx tranny is just about equivalent to the <08 model sti’s. Good to the mid 400’s hp range, ive been pushing mine and its held up fine. The wrx is a tad faster but you lose the goodies like the brembos and Sti suspension. The part that makes it tough is the 8k price deference between the two. I may be a tad biased cause I went the wrx route but I’ve yet to run into an 08+ Sti that can even hang with me but I have a few grand into it as well. It all evens out. My brakes aren’t as good but with stainless lines there more than capable for anything less than HEAVY tracking. I bought a set of white line sways and full coilovers so I handle just as well. I can’t say if I had 8 grand to burn I wouldn’t of for the Sti but for the money you get way more performance for your dollar with the wrx.