FS: 50" Rear Projection HDTV

Just picked up a new TV last night so I’m selling this guy

It’s a 50" Toshiba CustomSeries HD Rear Projection TV - NOT DLP, this is a CRT based rear projection TV, so no need to worry about bulbs going out

It’s 720p/1080i

The TV is about 5 years old, still is a pretty decent picture for its “outdated” technology. Probably a better picture than low end cheaper HDTV’s

Theres 2 bad things to this TV

The worst - On the very bottom of the screen is a blemish about 4" inches long, its really not noticeable at most angles when your watching, but on very white screens you can see it (I dont notice it anymore). I took off the front to clean some dust that was visible and got lint/paper from the cloth I was using between the grooves on the frensel, should be able to be cleaned off if you really wanted to.

The bottom of the enclosure is a little banged up from when Iw as moving, not a big issue, doesnt effect the TV and probably can’t be seen depending on where you put it

The sound out of the built in speakers is actually very good

TV isnt to heavy, its around 150lbs or so and quite easy to move, it rolls on wheels

Asking $250 obo

Finally a person selling a projection tv for the price its worth lol.

I see these go up for sale every day for like 800$. Those people are crazy :smiley:

Good price GLWS

yea, aparently people still think big and HD means $$$$

Not exactly. Its more so the fact that they spent 3000$ on it and they use the “inflation” formula and think that the price is still 1000+ when actually its not a matter of decrease in inflation its a matter of newer technology coming out. I mean even a GIANT plasma TV brand new 50" is like 600 in the stores now… Pisses me off when people think a 4000$ item in the past is still 1000.

For christs sake I sold my 4000 42" Non HD plasma panasonic for 380$ the other day and I thought I got a good deal. Lol it was 8 years old

Just picked up a 42" LCD Panasonic 1080p TV, its less than a year old. with a really nice stand for $350

THe TV still sells new for ~700 and the stand is another 150

HAHAHAHAHAH… Let me guess. You picked it up from Schenectady?

I was going to buy that last week but the stand didnt fit in my car lol :smiley:

(Also I didnt buy because it didnt have original stand) If its the same TV :smiley:

but yea definitely nice. I picked up a 55" LCD Toshiba Regza for 530$ :smiley:

probably not, he just listed it up yesterday… theres quite a few going with stands for cheap the past few days

Yea I think it is probably the same one. Did yours come with the original table top stand or just the walmart stand that mounts the TV with two shelves? :smiley:

but yea good buy. The Tv’s only like 1.5 years old I did much research on it too. Stupid stand didnt fit. :smiley:

Cmon someone buy it, its taking up to much space in my tiny ass house

PLASMA AND lcd way to go :frowning:

GREAT TV’s I love projection but… TOOO BIG… Market seems to have dropped for them :frowning:

I know people trying to give these away for free and people not wanting them lol

really not as big is you might think…

Lcd’s only, plasmas are done too, everyones scared of them for the “burning a whole in the screen thing” …But im sure you already know that buying/selling even more tv’s then me :wink:

Lol. Yea. But I prefer Plasmas. F everyone else. Not everyone is stupid enough to burn the image into plasma :smiley: It takes a very skilled person to press pause during a game and leave it on the same screen for 24 hours (Who would do that? )

Plasmas are nice and cheap lol 50" for like 500 (if that)

burn in isnt as much of an issue with plasmas like it used to be.

I 100% agree, but people are still scared.

you deliver? :lol

im tryin to talk this girl into buyin it…she just moved into a new apt today…haha im tryin to tell her to get this…lol

no he doesnt you get it and pay him extra

I could deliver it for the right price