FS: 71 Opel GT (custom) *First post updated with specs/pics*

My neighbor is selling his 1971 Opel GT and told him I’d post it on here.

He swapped the engine and trans out for a GM powertrain/drivetrain (I’ll have to get the specs and stuff from him). The rear end, I’m pretty sure is GM as well. It has semi-fresh paint (a few years old)… orange with a black lemans stripe down the center. He painted it himself and is starting to bubble a little on the front fender. Has aftermarket 14 or 15" wheels.

It’s been garage kept up until recently. This car hasn’t been abused… it’s adult owned and he’s a fellow motor head. Kennedey’s did the tuning on it aswell.

He’s asking 6500 obo

I’ll get specs and pics later for those interested. anyone over 6’ need not apply unless you’re a contortionist.

EDIT: UPADATES and had the wrong year, this is a 1971

Ok, so here are the build Specs.
1994 3.4L v6 (Camaro)
Trans is a Custom built T5 (by GeForce racing Transmissions) retains stock shifter location
Front brakes, Volvo 4 Piston calipers and rotors
Rear brakes rebuilt drums I believe
Upgraded Master cylinder
New brake lines
Custom Built Radiator
Brand new suspension
Custom Exhaust manifolds and exhaust
new poly bushings front and rear
new ball joints and tierods
Interior is in great shape and original (he said the headliner and carpet was probably replaced at one point)
ROH 15x6" wheels with good meat on the performance tires (he believes they are 205 50’s)
All the electronics are new

He said he could keep going on and on. Pretty much if the part moves, it’s been replaced or upgraded. He originally bought the car from a guy in Eden who bought it from someone in Arizona. There is NO rust on the car what so ever and the color is an original factory option (new paint). He put a ton of time and $$$ into this car. He’s a real good guy and can vouch for him, he doesn’t half ass things.

let me know if you’re interested and I’ll put you in contact with him.

Awesome ride man! In for the engine specs…

And what’s a 5’11" guy gonna do here?

GLWTS

Decent price. More details on drivetrain.

Post it on my site too, www.rodandpiston.com

Always liked those.

thanks, I’ll get some more info on it. Car is in nice shape :tup:

once I get the info from him, I’ll throw it up on R&P

awesome little cars, there hard to find in good condition and running shape these days.

that’s a sweet little ride. Kind of reminds me of old school James Bond. :tup:

Man that thing is neat. I would consider picking it up as an additional summer tpy for that kind of price. But im not going to drive i/ship it back to Seattle.

pretty cool.

damnit. I’m trying to convince my dad to sell me his one Z and pick up something else. He maybe would have gone for this if it still had the original drivetrain

thats hot. i’d rock that all day

lol why so it would be impossible to source parts? :stuck_out_tongue:

Think I’ve seen this out crusin’ - turns heads for sure. :tup:

yeah, you probably have Tom… he’s always putting around in either the opel or his turbo coupe

ILOVEIT

So does it have a small block in it now?
If it does, I might have an interested person in it. He had an Opel and wanted to modify it, but sold it.

yes it is, not sure on the size (it may be a 6 banger now that I think about it) though. Either way, I’ll find out for you shortly. :tup:

it should make a fun car to modify anyway. It weighs less than nothing and pretty sure it’s making more than double the power it came with originally.

with the internet, it’s actually not that difficult to find parts for a lot of niche cars

not taht i have money but id feel bad dailying it

That thing is awsome GLWS.

this thing is sweet