(FS) '85 Supra at M&M

They just brought an '85 Supra in there yesterday. Other than some rot in the rear quarters, the car was really clean. I don’t know why anyone would scrap it. It’s blue, blue interior, manual, sunroof, had all 5 original wheels, lots of good interior parts, all of the body parts looks good or great, engine complete, flares, uncracked dash, etc, etc. Just giving the heads up to the Celica/Supra people.

good car saw it today.

Cheaper the car = more overnight parts from Japan you can get without breaking the bank.:tup:

Thanks for the info, I might check it out this weekend.

Is 85 the “celica-supra” model? ( mk2 i think? )

My uncle has one that I was considering buying from him… very low miles etc… but then… mehhh

I’m going with you then. 400-5511

i know the owners of those junkyards (marks and M&M). they wont sell you an entire car. they’ve known me for a couple years and still wont sell me an entire car

Yup, I’ve tried before with no success. I’m still upset about the '75 280Z they had a few years ago. Good parts car though.

oh shit, i remember when that Z got hauled in! hell of a car, i couldn’t believe it myself…

I still have the rear window louvers in my shed. I think I paid $5 for them. The embroidered floor mats and wood Z shift knob are in my friend’s dad’s mint 42K mile '72.

Yeah I’ve tried to buy a car from another yard before and was told no. It had something to do with the state, I don’t remember the details.

i dont know what you all are talking about. we bought a black 280z from them a while back. whole car. all cuz once its in their books as junk they cant sell the whole car.

If they have already turned in the Tilted to the state saying it was junked they are legally not allowed to sell the car but if they have yet to turn in the title thats a different story

thank you for clearing my cluster of a mess.

thats weird they should just sell the cars so they can get money i dont get them??

So, Lets say the junkyard sold a whole car after the title got turned in, and the kid used that car and used different Vins from a identical car to get in registered, but more was wrong then what the kid got hurt, and died, and they find something leading back to the junkyard. The junkyards held responsible

They wont sell it to you because it would have to be a retail sale meaning it has to be roadworthy, and inspected. Ask them if they will sell it salvaged to you, then they wont have to stand behind it waranty wise and such. Keep in mind if you buy it salvage you’ll have to put it through the salvage program before you can drive it on the road (around $150). I’ve never known Mike or Marty to not want to make money.
btw: if they bought it as an abandoned vehicle they have no choice it has to be chrushed

:wink:

Not much left of the supra, me and white mk2 and a few other members gangbanged the shit out of it today. Going back tomorrow to salvage any other decent parts off of it.