Supra guys help me out...

if/when i sell my Z…i’m looking into either another Z, only stock TT this time…no swaps…or possibly a TT supra…

i know enough about the Z to be able to shop on my own, i’ve learned my lesson, but i dont know a lot about the supra, so what should i look for? what should i be warned of…etc etc…

i have found one car i’m very interested in, but i dont know how much i can trust it and the story that comes along with it…
i e-mailed the owner, who is asking $7400 for the car, a little over 24k miles on it…silver, supposedly perfect body and engine, etc etc…guy claims its flawless, story is that he is or has moved to europe with his family, and is having trouble finding a job there, so needs fast cash and can’t afford to have it shipped there, plus registering a US car over there supposedly costs a shit load and what not…he also says he will deliver the car anywhere in the states, no extra charge over the $7400…i know the odds of this guy being legit and his story being true are slim to none…closer to the none…but its worth at least posting…

but back on topic, what should i know before even thinking about buying a tt supra at all…

edit: the said rediculous cheap supra is a 1998

ill try to find my sport compact car magazine of the supra buyers guide…tells u what to expect to pay for each year and what things to look out for…:tup: good taste…i dont know what i like better Z or supra

i’m kinda more leaning toward another ZX even though so many people would pick a supra…i think its mostly cause i’ve spent the past year learning as much as i can about the ZX and products for it and what not…plus, after a ride in eric’s black TT wed night…well as he put it, “kinda lit a fire under my ass” to get mine done and to keep it…i love the ZX, but if i can find a better deal on a supra, so be it…

stay away from the " im selling a way too low priced perfect condition sports car cause i moved to europe and need to get rid of it" story its all over on the internet and always a scam

if you are that stupid to even believe for a second the guy is telling the truth about that supra you deserve to lose your money to him.

seriously. how could you ever consider buying that supra :rolljerk:

you might as well sign up on supra forums and talk to hulk hogan’s son about what to look for in a car =P

“im in europe but selling my car, so send me money (only in the form of a money order or some other unrefundable fashion) and i will send you a picture of the car”

Just wave some money in front of Xander’s face… FD > 300ZX or Supra

Your wrong about that story, its not worth posting

Please reference this thread

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1150

he could have sold that supra to a used car lot in a snap @ that price

walk in with keys, id, proof of ownership and say " hi, this is my car, im moving out of country, i dont care what i get for it, make an offer, call the police if you dont beleive its mine"

BOOM … cars sold!

for that matter, who ever is in possession of the car right now while its still in the states could do the very same thing for him … even just stick teh bitch on a busy street corner with a for sale sign !

that car wouldnt last a freakin week on teh corner … especialy at that price

:tdown: to bullshit stories

Be prepared to spend nothing less than 20K on your new supra.

comon u’ve been around long enough u should know about these scams!

:eek: please don’t tell me you’re seriously considering this…

YOU WILL NOT FIND A HIGH MILAGE SUPRA TT WITH 6 SPEED FOR UNDER 20K…this one COULD SELL FOR LIKE 30+. IT’s A SCAM AND DONT WASTE TIME WITH ANY SUPRA UNDER THAT 20K MARK UNLESS ITS AN AUTO WHICH GO FOR LESS.

:mamoru: