FS: 88 Conquest TSi SHP

original ad: from slopoke

I am selling my 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP. SHP stands for “Sports Handling Package” which was offered as an option in 1988 and 1989. It offers slightly stiffer springs, 8 way adjustable struts, and wider wheels/tires(16x8Front, 16x9Rear).

2.6L SOHC I-4 Turbo Intercooled RWD
118,*** miles on the cluster
Red paint, not high quality repaint, but it looks good from 10ft?
5 speed manual.
Manual Sunroof w/ removable option
Power Windows/Locks
Black Leather interior

No rust anyplace I can see, cept a lil surface rust on the rearsubframe, which isn’t bad at all.

Frame rails are solid as a rock, which is rare for these cars.

Engine runs alright. Although it recently developed a dislike for cold starts, but once warmed up, it gets much better. I suspect a Coolant Temp Sensor.
Great oil psi.

There is some damage to the rear passenger side corner, previous owner was rearended by a Chevy Blazer. Bumper cover is cracked, and 1/4 panel has a dent. You might be able to pop most of it out? Im not a body man. Car will come with a spare bumper cover!

The car currently has manual steering, the pump is shot.

The Front struts are still adjustable, however one of the previous owners had replaced the rears, with non adjustables.

Car is currently inspected til dec i think…

Goods:
Runds and drives great, perfect project car!
Only mods are:
2.5 turbo back exhaust
MSD blaster coil
12psi > stock 7psi
Smoked boost gauge in one of hvac vents

Bads:
Dent in rear quarter
cold starts
front wipers no longer work/Back works fine
Could use a clutch soon, 4th and 5th slip under heavy boost
Powr steering pump/some play in steering(i have coupler to fix comes with car)

ok now heres the deal with the car. Everything in the ad is true with some things to add to that.
1.) clutch is totally shot(didnt really care when i drove it home was gonna do one anyways)
2.) the car runs ok like he said…but smokes a lot…turbo completely gone in and out play is rediculous
3.) i did a compression test (WARM) when i got the car home and the engine is GOOD and with in spec but low. spec is between 113-142 psi
test results
cylinder 1=120
cylinder 2=125
cylinder 3=122
cylinder 4=118
4.)i put a 1g dsm bov on it and replaced a bunch of vac line before i looked at the turbo issue
5.) fixed a bunch of wirings in the back for the lights and they work now(trailer hitch or some sort of extra wiring causing a short)
6.) now to a little problem of the windows being stuck in the down position…no idea what happened(happened after i did the comp test) havent even looked into it at all
7.)car was driven 10 miles if that and put in my garage and thats where it is currently.

ill try to get a pic of the damage better…hopefully soon

you can come look at it if you want but the battery is dead i can see if i can get another one…DONT waste my time please i have too much stuff going on to meet people and have them not show up or yank my chain.

all parts included(throttle body rebuild kit o-rings and such, bumper, also have a ac delete bracket used for putting tension on the belt after you delete the ac. im sure theres more too)

PRICE: 800…

WTF!!!

YES!

You give me 1000 + this car ill give you a 96 civic ex.

thats cheap

PMed

Dammitt I should of kept this car instead of letting redconquestsi take it.
Free bump for you sir.

bump for you!

I should buy this back. Those pictures above, were when I owned it. Me and Superium took those pics in the Akron Falls Park :slight_smile:

bump for a great seller and a great price!

Any trades? hell I don’t even know what I could trade, lol…but I wouldnt mind having this car back.

send me pics

trades entertained…

LOL good times in that car

come on guys offer me something worst i can say is no

Throw it on SQC…see if it moves any quicker.

www.starquestclub.com

Its really tempting, i’ll see what happens when my tax return shows up. if it ever does.

how about a 90’ 1g gsx, for your car plus 1300. negotiable though

wtf? thats more then he’s asking. are u high?

no i worded that wrong sry, i meant to say ill give him my car if he gives my the tsi and 1300 which is negotiable.