FS: '90 Geo Storm, 5spd, 74k miles NJ $750

I have a '90 Geo storm 1.6l, 5 speed, sunroof, ac, power steering, 74,000 miles, cd player and 15"ARE rims with 205/50/15’s all around.
Things wrong with the car are the cosmetics, you can see the exterior shots, the interior the drivers seat has a rip on the side from getting in and out and the dash is cracked which is common with these cars.

If I was to be real picky about everything, here are some minor issues. The speedo squeaks alittle at certain mph, cv joints click when making tight turns and the power steering rack has a slight leak, (it might be a simple fix, just haven’t checked it out yet) every two weeks or so I top it off. Other then that it, it runs and starts perfect, everything works on the car, it’s a fun go-cart to drive around, I have no problem jumping in the car and going on a road trip of 1000 miles. I’m still driving this car everyday, gets awesome gas mileage 35-40mpg!
I’m located in Ocean County, NJ 08721
Any questions email me at [email=“krazedz@yahoo.com”]krazedz@yahoo.com
I just posted up the car for $900 but would take $750 for a fast sale on the car.

Hah, my friend had one of these cars, it was actually really fun to drive around.

GLWS

Thanks, yea its fun to buzz around in,these cars also last forever, they keep going well over 200,000 miles on them.

looks really clean except for that drivers side donk

:bsflag:
I know two people personally who have had these motors pop right about 100K and from what I hear thats about all you get out of them.

you might be thing of the 1.8l dohc in the gsi’s, this is the 1.6l shoc motor, they are rated very high,check your info there.
To only get 100k out of any motor is pretty bad, your friends must have some pretty bad maintenance habits, even on a cheap beater you still need to change your oil.

I haven’t had time to really clean the car, i bought this car in the beginning of the summer when gas prices where going through the roof. The money i saved on gas was well worth it.

Rich was meticulous about changing his oil, bought it with a little under 100k on his

driving down route 5, rod knock, than it snapped the rod

I dunno, my friend’s had 225K when he slid it into a ditch

and he didn’t change the oil for a long time, and the oil he used was regular dino…

yeah and I bought a civic with 96xxx on it and the motor blew about 300 miles later
and everyone says hondas last forever

GLWS

(84_Supra) might be interested in it for parts. How cheap can you go? And how is the tranny, which I think he would want along with the front bumper and Drivers side fender if they are in good shape. Also how would you want to arrange moving the car here if he was interested?

Bump, for someone needing common sense.