FS: '97 Mercury Sable - $500

Yes, it does throw a CEL - Cam Position Sensor. Other than that it would need a passanger mirror to pass inspection AFAIK.

no passenger mirror needed. If it has a drivers mirror, and a rearview, the passenger is optional

Oh, I didn’t know that :tup:

*i’ll get back to you tomorrow bro… if i were here, i’d buy it just from what i’ve seen on here. prolly 25% chance… but man, i would like to leave here seeing her in something that doesn’t break down every couple weeks with crazy blowby to boot.

I’m assuming this has the base pushrod 3.0 correct?

The car no longer needs a battery - I just got a new one for it today :tup:

Why haven’t you taken Jack’s $ yet? He would look :pimp: in it! :tup:

Jack kinda fixed his truck, so he doesn’t need it. :tdown:

How has this not been sold yet. :bloated:

I dunno, I can sell it ASAP.

PM Sent!

hey just to let you know i have to pass on the car for now i dont have the extra to fix it . thanks for your time and ill let you know if i change my mind k .

BUMP

Still for sale. FuzzyFish has looked her over, so if anyone is looking for an opinion of how it is shoot him a PM :tup:

Tranny downshift problem was due to low fluid :ham: I must not have read it correct. The brake light would come on sometimes as well, but we solved that with a little fluid. (again :ham: )

so this leaks brake fluid and tranny fluid? if so how bad. also since it is march i am taking that it still has to get inspected right? how much of a pain is it to get to the cam sensor on this thing?

how well was it on gas? it has to make it from rochester to buffalo at least three times a week.

I checked it over, there was no signs of tranny fluid leakage. Was just improperly filled when it was put it. It run and drives just like it should something felt a bit loose up front, but it’s most likely something not bolted down to spec after the tranny change, very easy fix. I drove this car for a good 25 minutes. So it definatly had a chance to warm up.

Brake fluid should be flushed and re-bled as it looks old, but again no visable signs of leakage when I looked it over car stops prefectly straight. At $500 this car is a friggen steal. Obviously there will be minor issues here and there. But as far as mechanical condition goes it’s very solid.

i just need a daily driver so i dont have to drive my summer car around allthe time.

when you said it feels like something loose what do you mean? like when you take of there is a clunk or a shimmy as your driving?

It’s like a bushing or something that needs to be re-torqed. You only hear it when you go over lotsa bumps.

• yeah, that girl i talked to… trust me, if i had control over her funds, she’d HAVE THIS. but nah. well, devin was there when i talked to her.

:tdown: to stupid hoo-hoos

BUMP!

I will buy it in payments, $100/wk… I just got back into a job, not enough money in the acct. to justify a $500 decrease. You keep the car till I pay you all the dough (~4 weeks)

That is if you are desprate to get rid of it