FS: ca18det, complete setup, needs work, located in calgary

Ok, up for grabs is a whole ca18det setup, i had the engine rebuilt, it spun a bearing ( its in teh car in my other post but im selling the car with a ka24 in it, ca18det seperate)I love this engine, and i want badly for it to run and turn out, but i just dont have the time and money for it anymore, its time to pass it on to somebody with more of that. I have school coming up for second year welding, and house to save for, so this has to go till later on.

It was completely rebuilt, and has the following

-Forged pistons, .40 over, brand new just installed total seal rings

-Completely redone head, new valve seals, reseated valves, everything jetwashed, and decked .04, completely flat

-Brand new head gasket

-Just installed newer sr20det turbo, shaft play is excellent.

• New timing belt.

-Cw transmission, has spec stage3 clutch, very good condition clutch, grabs hard.

-444cc gtiR injectors

-Ecu is chipped for injectors and rb20 maf (maf is included)

-comes with side mount and all associated piping, and a ARC PROF bov on the hot pipe.

theres more im prolly forgetting, but thats the rundown

Here the bad

Bearing spun, number 1 rod bearing im pretty sure. I origionally rebuilt the engine over the winter, ran great but i didnt clearance the rings correctly so i took it apart again, ordered new rings, and had a “professional” put it all back together. Drove it for a day without problems, then all the sudden it started knocking. Its definately a rod bearing, and 90% sure its #1.

This would be a great engine for somebody to buy and repair what i dont have the time or money to do right now. I will include a new crank that has just been polished, and a rod if it ate the rod, which i doubt it did…but if you purchase it from me and come back with the rod and its bad, i will give you another no questions asked. Bearings are sitting at brasso nissan and are 68$. It can be fixed for relatively cheap…i just dont care to do it.

asking 1000$ obo, pm if interested. Pulling it this weekend to replace with ka24de.

edit: If you can actually find a ca18det, importers charge 1500$ for one, barebone stock, with a shitty ca18det turbo that will guaranteed blow up in a week, and usually with a stock clutch.

im including a sr20 turbo and an awesome clutch…keep that in mind

Cheers

What pistons are in there?

interesting

Im not sure of the brand of pistons, as they came out of a parts engine i picked up. They exhibited no wear at all, i had pictures of them before they were installed, but my storage hard drive crashed and so they are gone…ill check my photobucket… after I cleaned the carbon off, They were flawless, as well as the wristpins had absolutely no marks at all.

picture of clutch before install

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ca18det240sx/DSC00401.jpg

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ca18det240sx/DSC00402.jpg

heres the block with the head on it. Keep in mind it has 20,000k on it so its a little dirtier now (=

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ca18det240sx/DSC00339.jpg

mostly assembled

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ca18det240sx/DSC00341.jpg

so are you also parting out the car? or just getting rid of the motor? i need a bov my friend! and i could use a good sr turbo!

it seems every few weeks you want to sell me more and more parts!

Your asking him for bovs? GAY.

they are my old pistons and all i can say is you can feel the difference with them compared to a stock ca18. i was running 5psi on a t28 with my old motor and it was just as fast as a stock ca running 14 psi

will include 3" stainess downpipe with the engine set. rb20 maf is also included, as is the tuned ecu, and the 440cc GTIR injectors. Accepting offers on engine, need to get it gone.

Any reasonable offers? needs like 300$ worth of work and its ready to pump out lots of HP

how much HP?

with the forged pistons that are in it, and a proper tune, 400 hp should be considered the limit. The rods are very strong, altho while the pistons are out, maybe replace the fastners with arp fastners on the big end, that would make it way more reliable. 350 to the wheels would be no problem tho. If you upgraded the rods, 500 would be in reach with arp head studs, and arp main fastners

BUMP! still for sale…this is an awesome setup…little bit of work and itll run perfect.

This would come up before I go to school, I want this bad, but unfotrunatly impossible this year. Who knows, if by some stroke of luck you have this next year I’ll pick it up.

yah that sucks, i need to sell it pretty bad. Gotta pay for my new s14 (=

still for sale.

Still for sale

Update: Now its a 2 for one deal, i will include another complete ca18det, it is disassembled. Good for another build, or for parts.

still for sale…offers?

Still for sale.

nobody wants a winter project engine? :drinkers:

Still got it…