FS: Hey GN Guys; 86 GN-$1000

PICS ADDED

Hey you GN guys…
I’m not sure if anyone here is interested or not, but there is an 86 GN for sale here in Jamestown that’s totally shot. I did manage to catch the guy and I know he’ll take less than a grand for it. I want to cry every time I drive by this. I’m not even sure if it’s worth anything. The rocker panels are totally gone, severe rust in both quarters and lower doors, front fenders are shit, front seats look good, back seat is chewn up by rodents, bad frame, not sure about the floor- I can only imagine. Car shows 78,XXX and I know for a fact it’s been rolled at least once. The guy said the engine was overhauled at roughly 100K mi, but does not know if it will even turn over at this point. The hood may be salvagable. If anyone has an intest send me pm and I’ll try to find out what I can. Given this (basically the car would be unrestorable) what is it worth? I think he wanted like $750. Not sure if it’s worth that to somebody or not.

Tom

It’s still worth 750 bucks, easy. No such thing as non-restoreable. It’s just a Buick Regal, under the black paint and turbo motor. Plenty of them out there to swap good parts from.

how dare you blaspheme like that…

I guess anything is restorable, but in my opinion it would not be worth the cost. When you think about it, with all the shit you’d have to replace, including EVERY body panel (except maybe roof) would it really still be considered an GN or a Regal with an engine swap? If somebody was willing to put in the money, that’s their choice. What a shame somebody could let a once beautiful car go to hell like this. I remember back 6+ years ago and seeing this asshole roll through town in mid winter with 6-8" of snow on the ground. God I hate people…

Unless someone has sentimental value to it,it’s a parts car.
D

Any chance of getting some pics of what’s left of it?

Sounds like a shame that he let it go to waste. GN Parts are getting hard to come by and depending how the interior is you could probably part it out and make some money.

Sucks to see a car end up like that. Clean Regal shell+ rusty GN= fun project car? It would be a clone but still cool. I remember this kid at ECC had found a Monte SS with 54k(?) on it, but it had been left to rot. The interior was showroom, beautiful original paint, not even a ding. But the lower half of the car was gone, swiss cheese doors, quarters, fenders, crusty frame, etc. Last I saw it was getting lots of new metal. I can’t imagine wrecking a GN like that.

Agreed. what a shame. So i assume the dick helmet drove it through winters?!

We’ll probably be having the same conversation 20 years from now about people who drive their GTOs in the winter and such

Meh, Not me.

last year driving through a snowstorm on the 90, there was a guy in a GNX right next to me. car seemed nice too. also had some pillar gauges, so it must be fast.

actually i saw one out this week driving around now that i think about it

Engines are hard to come by, there not just a regular 3800. Deff. worth 750! Id love to see it.

yea, pending if the drivetrain is sound, and you coudl find a good roller car or one with a blown motor, could prolly save some good coin swaping that out.

did a quick ebay search for candidates

this one is kinde funny
read the first couple lines
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Partially-Restored-Must-Go_W0QQitemZ260210161813QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260210161813

:needpic:

I’ll try to take some pics this weekend. Are you sure you guys can handle it w/o breaking down and crying like a bunch of little Nancys?

:roll2: I think we can handle it haha.

i can’t. i have tissues at hand though so bring on the pics. :rofl:

I’m sure half of us will be fine, the other half will be leaping off buildings. Mostly just interested in the driveline, and ECU components.