FS: HID kit

Hi:

I have two Acumen H4 HID kit for sell. Brand new. $570 for 6000k and $610 for 8000k. It will come with one year warranty. Pm me if you are interest. Thanks!

no 4100K?

thats expensive. scope out some honda forums and se how much theyre putting their h4s out for

on the honda forums, they are going for 300 - 350 for 6k

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=8545

Read this before buying any HID, Mr.Skinny posted it, and it’s the best HID guide ever. It pretty much sumarises that anything other than 4100K is crap, and that unless you’re running proper HID projectors, your beam pattern will blind oncoming traffic, and visibility for you will be nowhere nearly as good as real HID, in most cases it’ll be worse than your stock headlights.

sorry solarian i woudl disagree as would most people who actually own them not hearsay
HID’s only blind peopel when they haven’t been releveled lower to stop teh new flection point.

Try www.hidplanet.com
for real answer with real data not second hand assumptions
I’ll put one of my hid’s up against 1 of your halogens anyday and guarntee they will blow yours away.
Don;t belive what you read belive what you see.

and yah H4 kits from taiwan go for 320 easy in H4
just good luck if they last more than a year

Are they selling the ACUMEN HID for $300-$350? I think $300-$350 is for the Brightstar. And it mades in China. Will Brightstar HID kit come with one year warranty?

Only HIDs worth considering are those that use genuine Philips D2S bulbs.

so agreed a capser sheild to change to 9006 from a d2r or d2s with a gen 3 ,5 or 6 ballast is teh best hands down
i personally love teh gen 3’s the best

hand mine for 4 years and they still work perfect

yea, that is a little overpriced for a 6 and 8k set. you should check around what your competitors are asking.

I thought the same thing, but my philips d2s bulbs lasted about one year. I’ve also had problems with the philips ballasts. I’ve had much better luck with hella and osram stuff.

www.hidplanet.com was in that link, and that is where I got the info that non 4100K is garbage, and that you have to be using real HID projectors off an OEM car if you actually want illumination and not just the look. Read again man… Read again.

and you also said something really stupid liek you wouldn’t see any better but worse with hid’s
don;t open your mouth if you don’t know what your talking about

Perhaps you are the one who should consider keeping his mouth shut?

Here’s is what he actually said…

“unless you’re running proper HID projectors, your beam pattern will blind oncoming traffic, and visibility for you will be nowhere nearly as good as real HID, in most cases it’ll be worse than your stock headlights.”

This is exactly why most of these HID kits are illegal in the US now…

-Martin.

so you could put a set of 4100k in a set of 240sx H4 lights and they wouldn’t blind the oncoming traffic?

i guess you didn’t read what i said before.
when i commented on that directly

you have to lower the beam on hid’s that is a given

Whole bunch of people i know have aftermarket HID kits in there cars and they work amazing.