FS : iPod adapter cable (for car stereos)

I pulled this out of my car. It is for hooking up your iPod to your car stereo, so you can listen to it without an FM transmitter or tape deck. It has a power and a ground so it charges your iPod, and then a white and red rca cable to hook into the back of the stereo. This works on a few popular companies stereo’s, including Sony, Eclipse, and i’m sure many more. The only one that I know of that it probably wont work with is Alpine, because they use a proprietary connector for hooking up iPods.

Sells for 40 on ebay, $30.00 or best offer for you guys!

–mark

hmm will this work for a pioneer headunit? If so I will take it

[quote=“TRP951,post:2,topic:28729"”]

hmm will this work for a pioneer headunit? If so I will take it

[/quote]

Yup, it should no problem!

you going to be around buffalo tonight/tomorrow night?

Edit: nm!

I will be at the dent removal meet on saturday.

so this is basically a Y cable (rca to 1.8" jack) with 2 wires to put to accessory power and ground?

Not 1/8" jack, it is an iPod dock connector.

And… its sold to TRP951!

–mark

Who makes this? I want to get a universal one. I already have the adapter for my alpine.

edit I know it’s sold.

He will have to tell you when he gets it. Its already boxed up and shipped out.

I realized that when I was packaging it up, it also has video out (the yellow cable). Must be for video ipod content on lcd screens.

–mark

uhm pinoneers use a bus connector system

and actually use a iPod control module

TRUTH PIONEER DOESNT HAVE A COmposite input only ibuss connector so for tghis to work u will need a ibus to composite convertor which u were better off buying the ipod connector at best buy for 29.99

Said it worked on the website. If it doenst, i’ll refund his money.

no that wont be a problem mark im just a fool and said pioneer but I meant kenwood. I have pioneer speakers in my car but a kenwood headunit and I remember seeing connecters in there when wiring in my boost controller:) silly me I just havnt really done much work on my car in a while

Awesome :slight_smile: