i want a ipod and my sat radio.

i have a pioneer deh5800 i like this headunit alot. now i recently got the direct wire xm unit. which i like more. that way if skunks drunk he cant kick my xm radio and break it. now i just bought an ipod and already iam sick of the fm transmitter bs. is there anyway i can direct wire it without disconnecting my sat radio. the radio doesnt have rca inputs either. i am not throwin the buying a new headunit idea out yet.

I have a pioneer as well and you can run the ipod and XM together. I can’t remember if it is ipod->XM->HU or XM->ipod->HU.

Basically, you need to buy the ipod external box and it works in line with the XM box.

cdrm20. Will let you do direct plug in for your xm tuner box (cd changer ect), and aux in for your ipod.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:2,topic:25130"”]

I have a pioneer as well and you can run the ipod and XM together. I can’t remember if it is ipod->XM->HU or XM->ipod->HU.

Basically, you need to buy the ipod external box and it works in line with the XM box.

[/quote]

if u find me a link to this i will have ur babies

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-CD-RB20-AUXILIARY-ADAPTER-IP-BUS-CONNECTOR-NEW_W0QQitemZ120091573938QQihZ002QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FYI that wont give you ipod control right off the deck, but you’ll still have xm control off the deck. You would need to get a rca to mini plug adapter from radioshack for linking the ipod to aux in on the cdrb20.

If you want ipod control from the deck, the above would be a better suggestion if thats correct.

i dont understand how my sat and my ipod will still work.that looks like my pioneer box for my sat

That sounds like a better option than what I have, but if you don’t get all that this is the FM mod I use and it works clear across the shop through walls it’s so good:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripauto/

I got mine as part of a kit with a wall charger, carrying case, headphones, and a headphone splitter for 79 bucks. It says Griffin Utility Kit on the box.

i have the xm box for my satelitite inh my glove box. i experimented and plug my y connector for it into the aux inputs on the box. it worked perfect. so i figure all i have to do is run a alternate power switch for the xm box and a y splitter for the rca cables and i can switch wich one i want to listen to. i feel better now lol.

[quote=“nitroinsane,post:7,topic:25130"”]

i dont understand how my sat and my ipod will still work.that looks like my pioneer box for my sat

[/quote]

Im assuming you have a pioneer xm box.

You ipbus cable from the xm tuner box plugs into the cdrb20. Theres a ipbus pigtail that comes out of the cdrb20 that will plug directly into the back of your deck. The cdrb20 has rca inputs so you can add in another unit, like an ipod or any other mp3 player. You can then toggle between your xm input and aux via source button on your deck. Ipod controls would be done on the ipod though.