best ipod connection

Ok ive tried everything to connect my ipod to my car stereo. 1st i used a tape deck thing… that broke in like 2 weeks… then i bought a fm transmiter… that was a POS. Then i went to walmart and bought another tape deck thing… it worked alright but it broke… I went to media play and bought a tape deck that was made for the ipod (hoping it would work) and it sounds like shit!.. any suggestions/??/

my fm transmitter works perfect?

Buy a cd player that you can plug in the ipod too?

Line out to stereo?

I dunno, never had a reason to try. Just got an alarm clock radio that my ipod docks too. Try hooking from headphone jack to line in on your stereo.:shrug:

try a decent fm transmitter. its not like plugging it actually in, that gets u your best quality. but dont buy the crap transmitter. spend the $50 on the monster one and have it work. trust me its worth it. that itrip thing is junk.

radioshack has a decent one for $20 called iRockit or something its blue and white and uses the headphone jack on any electronic device and sends it to an FM station of your choice of 4. has worked fine for me for a year now

jsut bought my sister an fm transmitter. works 100% perfect…little static in tunnels and underbridges. highly recommened cuz u can use it for nething

i have my dell dj running with a y cable…from the dj to the back of my cd player. Works like a charm, but not sure if u have the inputs back there

ive got what skunks talkin about… aux-out, plugs right into my ipod… sounds a lot better than the fm transmitter i had before too… and no static, thank god.

blitzsafe or icelink

the radioshack one is crap

ok, as an employee in the car audio retail bussiness, i have some options for you:

1. if you have an Alpine headunit (model number MUST have the prefix CDA), then you can get the Alpine iPod adaptor, which allows you to contorll all functions of the iPod right thouigh your head unit. it also charges you iPod! the iPod adaptor is $79.90 and the base model headunit compatable goes for $199.90

2. any Alpine headunit (model number MUST have the prefix CDA) can be equipped with an Ai-Net adaptor cable that splits into 2 RCA jacks which, when couppled to an RCA to 1/8" plug, can be used to connect your iPod as well. This cable plugs into the back of the ehadunit, but can be snaked out to wherever you want it. The cable is $19.90, and headunits with this capability start at $199.90. This cable can then be used with ANY MP3 player!

3. Sony makes 2 headunits that can also be used with ANY MP3 player. The are the CDXGT100 (retails for $99.90) and the CDXGT200 (retails for $119.90). both of these guys have a 1/8" aux jack right on the faceplate and will accept anything with a 1/8" jack on it. The difference between the 100 and the 200 is the 200 plays MP3 CDs and the 100 does not. thats it.

AS ALWAYS, EXTRA INSATLL COSTS CAN APPLY

ALL OF THESE FINE PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE STEREO ADVANTAGE CAR AUDIO SHOP!!! I work retail there and my name is Mike, so stop in and see me! if you have any further questions, shoot me a PM!

that same cable can be had at rat shack for like $5 and will hook into any headunit with an rca input in the back.

the 3rd option, is another $5 cable and can be put into any headunit with a 1/8 headphone jack

uh yeah that Alpine cable does not connect to the RCAs in the back, rather to the Ai-Net plug which is where u plug the CD changer in

I’m gunna stop in to stereo advantage and check it out

Got any options for me? I’ve got a VW with the single din Monsoon deck, and a Creative Zen Nano MP3 player. So I’ve got an 1/8" stereo output on the Zen, and CD changer input on the Monsoon deck. I know there are 80 dollar magic black boxes out there, but for that price I could just spent a little more and get new HU that just has stereo or RCA inputs. Or I could just get an MP3/WMA deck…

Got any good infomation on what those black box adapter cable things actually do?

^^

heres the problem u have. you’re car has Monsoon. the way that most of the premium audio systems (Monsoon, Bose, JBL, etc) work, is rather than havng the speakers amped off the headunit, each speaker has its own amp right on the speaker. its a manopolized system. the point im getting at, is u cant really just change out the headunit. if u want to do that then u have to pretty much gut the factory system, do a complete re-wire and start over with new everything. which in your case might be a good thing, depending.
so right now, the ‘little black box’ adaptor thing might be your best option. we either have those or i can order it for you. again, u might want to stop in and we can look at your options. if u want to kno when im working, PM me

I would love to be able to hook my ipod up to my radio… but I don’t want to get rid of my Jeep stock radio. :frowning:

if a CD changer was an option from the factory, there might be a way. if u r interested, give me the details of the jeep and let me know if there is a button on the radio that says either AUX or CHANGER

the alpine thing is sweet. my ipod can be touch screen operated on my dvd player.

direct connect to the back of a headunit that has an aux in… that’s the best connection.