FS: RUCA's, traction arms, 91+ power steering lines etc..

i have 2 sets of RUCA’s in stock

http://bings.ca/store/images/product/Ruca%20small.jpg

right now i just have the regular bearings, but i have teflon lined bearings coming, they will run an extra $25 for the set. they should be here next week.

$225 for regular bearings, $250 for teflon

they’ll work for all S-chassis cars

1 set of traction arms, will also work with all S-chassis cars.

$150 or $175 w/ teflon

still have S14 suspension, blown struts with red lowering springs. $100, wont seperate.

AC autotech boost gauge brand new in package $60

91+ power steering lines off my old coupe, they are still on the car. remove yourself for $150

7 spoke wheels w/o rubber $100
black steelies with mint winters - $250

tons of other junk that i cant even sift through…$?

[/img]

what is the benefit of the teflon lined bearings over the regular ones?

can i make stir-fry on them?

i was told my pro-shifter kart racers and the folks at Bicknell Racing (dirt track) that teflon may be superior but not worth the extra $$$.

i was advised by alex Pfieffer that teflon is the only way to go.

usually Teflon bearings are 3-4 times more than non-teflon ones, so these are actually a bargain.

as for their function over the others, anything i say would simply be speculation.

By bearings do you mean bushings? I have heard polyurethane bushings bind… so maybe a teflon coated bushing prevents or delays binding?

This, too, is purely my guessing.

these are rod ends, Heim joints whatever you wanna call them… nothing like polyurethane.

its like comparing polyurethane bushings to full aluminum subframe collars.

http://www.kartek.com/prod-windows/all/heims/rsmx-series.jpg

Ah my apologies bing.

What part exactly is teflon coated then?

From my experience teflon is the only way to go. Not specifically for teh teflon, although that help them operate quieter, and last longer, but from a quality perspective. Teflon is only usually offerend on the expensive rod ends, or premium. So it really becomes a “premium” vs “standard” secision. I’m not sure what the other differences are in teh rod ends that Bing is offering, but usually the premium ones are rated for significantly higher loads (reaad less likely to break if you hit something), as well as being tighter tolorances, so they prefrom better and last longer.

Where is the teflon? Between the ball and the seat. (the bit that rotaes and the bit that it rotates against)

BTW… what make of rod ends are you using Bing?

-Martin.

Bing do you have any pictures of these RUCA’s on a car with coilovers? My application is a little different tha most in that the coil springs go down past the RUCA, not just the shock body. Do you think they will clear?

-Martin.

yes i do,

not great quality but this is the arms on the car we built for Global’s War of the Wheels.

http://bings.ca/images/DSC02361.JPG

the coiloers had external cannisters.

the first time i put the RUCA’s on i had the arc facing back but it made it too difficult to adjust to i reinstalled it with the arc facing forward and it was fine.

if you have clearance issues with these you must have some serious suspension changes done.

You’re right, it’s not a very good picture :slight_smile:

So if the spring was longer and went down past the RUCA do you think it would clear? Yes my suspension will be seriously modified for rallying.

-Martin.

oh yeah it would clear…

i tell you what martin,

if it doesnt fit, ship it back and i’ll refund 10% of your money…lol

yea, as martin said, the teflon liner is between the ball and the seat.

some call it self-lubricating, it is supposed to decrease noise and increase longevity.

i was told that these bearings are QA1 bearings.

the non-teflon bearing have a radial load rating of 13,000 lbs (i think it is lbs) and the teflon ones have a rating of 9,000+

Alex pfeiffer from BV uses aurora bearins with a load rating under 8,000 but there are so many different kinds of load ratings that i cant tell if one is superior to the other or not and i am not about to bullshit or rag on a sick product (aurora and battleversion)

i will be using teflon bearings in all the arms i put on my car.