FS: SHO parts

This goes out to the 5 or so SHO entusiasts out there…I’m in the middle of a manual trans swap into my SHO and I have some parts I’d like to unload to clear up some garage space.

'92 3.0 SHO motor with 125k on it. Came out of a drivable parts car (bad clutch) and ran great. I have video of it idleing and revving before I removed it. Complete intake to pan, no exhaust. $300

'93 atx trans from the car that is getting the manual trans. Mileage is unverified. Shifts PERFECTLY. Have video of a 20-100mph run showing the shifting crispness. Have the torque convertor and flywheel as well. Very clean, no leaks. $300

Some random parts: transmission cooler, gray full leather seats (both full power), D4UI computer, '92 SHO instrument cluster, '92 SHO side skirts and rear bumper cover, 8" JL Audio sub in ported and filled box. Make offers…mostly interested in getting these outta here.

I can take pics of any parts. Mike

one of you probe guys, pick up that 3.0, drop it in and boost it !

Mmm… turblo SHO probe. Oh wait I own both, time for a new summer project.

Oh yeah and bump for parts to a slow grocery getter. :tup:

model number and asking price for JL sub?

pm sent

60k done on that motor? pics? details?

might be very interested but it will be a little bit before I can jump, just bought a car. need to get mine running though.

I honestly don’t know the history of the engine. I bought a '92 SHO parts car locally in West Seneca with a shot clutch…all I know of this motor is that it runs smoothly and makes no unwanted noises. I can get some pics together.

very cool. pm sent…

I owned the SHO before…60k was done

even if it was done before, it’ll need another one at 125k. thanks for the heads up, good to see someone giving it the maintenace they need.

Bump…

Mike, If you got the clear plastic cover for the gauge pannel I need one of those.

Hmm… Shows how much I read these forums, haha. That motor is something I’d like to pickup but at the same time I want to dump the kaa. Argh. Mike, buy my cleannnnnnnnnnnn 91 and you can stop the swap :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think he finsihed the swap. there aren’t to many ATX swaps around, I’m interested to see how he likes it. did you put in the 3.0 heads?

he sent me some great pics of the engine, but I don’t think I can jump on this for a while, if at all. just picked up a new ride so my money is pwnd right now. looks strong though.

just to let you know-

I am still interested, but am trying to go the fix-it route as opposed to the swap route. don’t want it to seem like I am blowing you off, and I appreciate the e-mails, looks like a strong mill you got there. that said, how’s the MTX running?

Don’t worry about the motor, if it sits here long enough I’ll proabably pull it apart, powdercoat and polish all the parts up and then sell it like that. Stupid projects like that keep me busy…

I did finish the swap up a few weeks ago, I can’t believe how simple it really was (with some key help from my freinds father with wiring) after all these years of people on shoforum saying it couldn’t be done. I put an aftermarket used hd pressure plate in it and found that this plate is bad…at first the car was drivable, just felt like the clutch needed some adjustments…well 20 adjustments later I’ve concluded it’s gotta be the plate. New plate and disc are goin in this weekend, along with reinforcing of the motor mounts. Once these two jobs are tackled, I think I’ll be in the clear and have a factory-quality swap all wrapped up, ready for winter!