FS: V8 dakota, 4x4, 5 speed

I’ll post up some pictures soon.

I bought this about three months ago when I started pulling apart my subaru.

The specs are: 2000 Dodge Dakota club cab, 4.7L V8, 12X,000 miles, working 4x4, tow hitch (not sure if its a complete towing package), clean title, working AC and cruise.

So far I’ve done:
alignment, ($100)
steering shaft ($200)
Tires ($700)
2 wheel bearings ($450)
4x4 drive shaft rebuild @ fleet pride ($120)

Problems:
-Fading paint,
-spots of ugly surface rust which have not eaten through yet,
-sticky lifter/valve which doesn’t seem to affect performance. I’ve changed the oil 3 times now with different oil cleaners which haven’t helped at all.
-CEL for EVAP on. This might be as simple as a VAC leak. I couldn’t find any cracks in the filler tube, gas cap, gas tank etc.

in this condition the blue book comes up as $4,165

I am asking $4,000. Anything less than that and I’m loosing way too much money on it and I might as well keep it at least for the winter.

Reason for selling: Other than the fact I own 5 cars… I just sold the axis block from the blue subaru and the motor turned out to be junk. I need to refund some money.

shitty thread no pics

shitty post, you’re not offering money.

true haha i already gotta dakota just bumping the thread GLWS

common evap prob on these trucks is the l,d,p or leak detection pump cheap fix .these trucks run good and it bein a 5 sp its a lot better than a auto good luck wit sale

gonna need pics bro!

ah, if you think its that common I’ll just swap out the part and see if it does it. I think those are about $40 bucks right?

and yea, the 5 speed is a must have. it makes a boring truck a lot more fun to drive.

I’ll be snapping some this morning, check back soon.

+1 for good seller here, good straight shooter

Id like to see some pics, if my mustang sells soon this might be something id be interested in picking up.

The worst of the rust on the drivers side door under the window

new tires:

kick panel above the pedals is currently off from installing the steering shaft. I do have it, just forgot to put on for the pictures:

only thing im on the fence about is the V8
nice truck regardless

GLWS

thanks. V8 is well worth it if you have a car that isn’t always running. lol

i have a 95 v8 dakota, great motor, shes got 211k and still running great.

yea, im used to my 30+ mpg in the city…lol

i dont think this would fare well as a delivery vehicle everyday if something happened to the other car…lol

bump for my all time favorite dodge dakota

thanks. Anyone seriously interested? I’m going to have to dump it on craigslist soon.

I’ll have to make sure tomorrow, but it looks like I got rid of the CEL. Anyone interested?

did ya do what i said ,or did ya find suttin else

Exactly john. Thanks a bunch. +rep

anytime homey