Fucking Land Lord BS

So i moved out of my apt at the end of april…

Lease states landlord has 30 days to return security deposit

I send numerous emails with fwding address and put it on last rent check and notification that we will not continue our lease

I wait patiently until june 14th to call him

When i do, he says he will send it out that night

3 days go by and nothing, i call again and he says he sent it last night, i say fine, so i better see it by wednesday or thursday, adn he says yes

Now we are at friday and still no check

i called him yesterday and left him a pissed off v mail cuz he is too much of a pussy to pick up the phone. IN the vmail i said i will come down and PICK UP the check! and that im tired of being lied too, we were never late on the rent, and we are already 20 days past the due date of my $$

Any suggestions…

I already wrote to buffalo rising magazine and they want to do an interview with me to do a “review” of his apartments downtown hahaha

My only other recourse is small claims court, or contact the attorney general (their website states that they are the contact for these matters)

IIRC they can hold your security deposit for just about anything… I would try the being nice approach and see if you can get them to cough it up…

misteroman would no more about this though

he already said he is giving it back to me… he just keeps lieing about WHEN…

FYI

Places to avoid!

Ellicott lofts
IS lofts
Ellicott Commons
Oak School Lofts

i would tell him youve been contaacted to do a review on the aapts.

then ask him when you can meet to get the check.

if its not on paper he didn’t “say” shit

good idea

I concur.

oh HRM

look what i got added to apartment ratings.com

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NY-Buffalo-2.html

They have to provide a written receipt for anything they decide should come out of the deposit.

Its probably too soon for small claims, but to protect yourself just in case I would do send a registered/first class letter stating you want it back. Quote the lease, and offer a reasonable time-frame for its return. Be polite and professional.

Make sure he is required to sign for the letter, and get a copy of the receipt. This way if you do have to take him to court you have proof that he received written notice. You will win.

When you get it back, get the intrest too :slight_smile:

Yeah. CMRRR.

It’s the green card at the post office. It’s the absolute best thing when it comes to proving anything in court.

The same exact thing is happening to me. I lived at Ransom Court Apartments on Grand Island for a year, never called the landlord for any problems, never paid rent late… I saw him around the building sometimes and said he. He was generally a nice guy.

I moved out June 30th… I still haven’t even been able to get a hold of him. Luckily my wife’s friend’s mom is a lawyer who is going to send him a letter for us on her legal letterhead and all that jazz to get his attention.

Other than that I might start driving by the apartments after work since I work close to the island now…

Sooo I know how you feel haha.

verbal contracts are binding in NYS. Sue for specific performance. If you haven’t violated any lease terms you should get your deposit back

verbal contract are if you can prove it

If you knew you were moving out why didnt you tell him to keep the deposit as last months rent??