Fuel Problem???

ok the last couple days the 240’s been actin up real bad. first it started where i’d go 2 start my car n it would start real weak n shut off right after start up… its got worse n worse n tonight after work it simply would not start…i charged my battery through more gas in did everything… it turns fast just wont start… ive been told it could be my fuel pump any other ideas???

Fuel Filter.

but even if the filter was screwed a bit it would still get gas … wouldnt the pump have to b screwed for nothing to get in there?? or could it b both?? who knows… u know more than i do i dono much about these fuel system’s on these cars… if so where r the fuel filters on 89 s13’s??

that happens to my car sometimes, if i use gas from anywhere but macs or esso my car starts and revs really really low then will just die out, and after a few trys and giving it gas itll start, but my exhaust sounds really weird for a little while, im not really to sure WHY this happens, maybe a similar problem perhaps? and the same thing happens as well when i clean my k and n air filter :? so if anyone has an idea of why this might be happening please let me know, it has only happened a couple of times since i have owned the car, but it gets annoying when your car wont start right. :butthead:

update… ok well today i went n changed the fuel filter…still no luck… im thinkin either the pump or the screen by the gas tank is the problem now but im doin all that stuff 2moro so i’l keep ya posted

Find the schrader valve on your fuel rail (it will look like an air nozzle just like on a tire). Push the valve down with a screwdriver or something. If fuel pours/sprays out, your getting fuel. Look at an ignition problem…

my fuel pump recently went out as well at around 209k,it would start then die off after 5 seconds and giving it gas did nothing,after starting and stalling repeatedly it wouldn’t even start anymore

i had a water leak in my trunk which shorted my fuel pump i believe

anyways pull out the pump and hook it up to see if it still runs