s13 wont start.

Hello i have a very similar problem to the prior post, in the morning i was on my awy to work and my car just randomly died, it was a cold morning had a little less then quater of a tank of gas, got my buddy to bring me some gas started but struggled at first than worked fine got a full tank of gas worked all day started and restarted about 7 times all day then got ready to go out at about 10 30 at night tried to start it it kinda started and started to idle low and start to die then just dies out, tried it again when i push the gas to try and give it a little go it dies out faster i can’t rev the engine or anything gas=faster stall. its a 1992 hicas 240sx stock ka in it
all suggestions would be appreciated, and i didn’t know if the first morning part was needed but i figured it couldnt just be a coencidence.

thankyou

check ur pump could be going for a dive

is their any way to check it?

problem is it could just be weakening but im sure their is a way to check the pressure coming out of it…but u could just swap it out with a different one im sure somebody has an oem pump lying around…

would anyone happen to?

Sounds like water in the fuel (if not the pump). When the fuel is low, since the water is more dense and sits at the bottom, that is all that is left to be picked up. Did your light come on, or did you get any codes? I would say first guess is the pump like wolfenden said, then maybe this.

no i was above the e line it was weird, i thought it might have froze or sumthing cuz their was a low amount in it would the water mess it up after though like… i filled it withgas

ive also seen stuff block the fuel pump like you might have shit in your gas tank

Best bet is to take it to a shop

if a mechanic can do it…he can…its not rocket science or tuning it would cost him more to take it to a shop than it would to swap a whole new engine in himself

that y i posted to do it myself:D lol anyoen got a oem pup lying around? i just wanna borrow it

pull the fuel line and see if the fuel is flowing.

if nothit the tank or sending unit itmay work for a bit. either way just change the fuel pump and sending unit urself it’s very easy but a bit of a pain in the ass. btw hitting the sending unit is only a quick fit it got me home once.

what about a fuel filter i heard from a buddy? were is the fuel pump and or filter located in teh 240s im trying to find it i got a 92 hatch

engine bay on passenger side just trace your line its mounted in a bracket.

Hate to say but your pump is more than likely pooched.

When you turn your key to the on position for electronics you should here the pump priming. If you hear nothing it is shot and your burning off the gas in the line.

The pump is accessible via the trunk pull the carpet you will see it on the passenger side. You will need an 8mm wrench if the bolts are okay. If not vice grips pretty sure there are 8 bolts. Take them off disconnect the unit from the clip that routes to your passenger side rear wheel well. Pull the unit and replace.

Cheers

takes a few minutes if bolts are okay but prepare for an hour and some bloody knuckles

lol @ “if a mechanic can do it he can probably do it”

I’d also suggest taking it to a shop. If you’re not sure where the fuel pump or filter are on the car it might be better to let someone else fix it.

If you want to do it yourself, I’d suggest getting ahold of a fuel pressure gauge that attaches to the schrader valve on the fuel rail. If the pressure is dropping off then I’d recommend replacing the pump. If pressure is fine and its dying then it might be as simple as water in the gas. I’d avoid replacing a part until you’ve confirmed that its defective

i guess ur right about that him not knowing where the fuel pump or fuel filter is…but its a good place to start if u want to learn just get a buddy over who knows how to tie his shoes and you will be alright…or take it to shop lol

^ There’s always a possibility that he can and will figure it out himself, but lets put it like this. Do you think a shop foreman, would let an apprentice attempt to diagnose a fuel system, …with a guy who can tie his shoes really good,…to supervise him? I think not.

Perhaps to gain a better respect for this situation, I would encourage the OP to spray water out of a hose @ 40psi. Now imagine you have your face down in the engine bay,…and this happens with gasoline. You get startled, knock a wrench off the fender ( yeah you have wrenches on the fender cause your a noob lol ) arc the battery out, …you get where im going. Even a stock fuel system is nothing to be scoffed at, if you don’t possess the appropriate amount of respect and basic knowledge for the system your working on, please at least have a someone that KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING assist you. I can even count how many times I was faced with a job (in the shop that I used to work in) that involved the customer attempting to repair the vehicle themselves, and it still didn’t work right. It usually cost them twice as much to fix it properly.

If you want to learn about it, and diagnose the problem… all the more power to you. But you should at least do some homework (such as studying the FSM, which has diagnostic procedures in it) and do be careful, it may not be rocket science, but it still takes you 3 years of training and college in order to do it for a living. That tells you something right there.

Good luck, don’t light yourself on fire.

/ fuses… omg

Lmfao