fuel problems in the 240

ok so of course i have a 90 240sx with a ka24e engine in it! now my problem is i went out to start up my car and warm it up for a minute before i left my house and the car turned over and ran for about 30 seconds and then died on me. i tried to restart it and all it did was crank over and over. so i check to make sure its gettin air and a spark and then lastly fuel. well the fuel pump wasnt turning on when i turned the key to the on position so i checked the fuse and it was blown so i thought easy fix. well the car still wouldnt start and it blew the fuse again and again. so i check out all the wiring and dont see any problems so i im thinking the pump is dead so i pull it out of the car and i hook it up to power and it runs :dunno: then im thinking a clog in the lines and i get my compressor and blow air through the lines and they are fine. well i figured id put the pump back in and just run switched power to it because it ran that way so i get it all back together and the pump switches on when i switch it on and im thinking its gonna run fine well the pump isnt pumping fuel through the lines. so thats where i am right now? help?

can the fuel pump still turn on but be bad or can it be clogged?

a fuel pump will go bad and not blow fuses. sounds like something electrical.

well i thought the same thing at first but i hooked up another source of power to it and it still didnt pump fuel through the lines:dunno:

take it back out, set it in a cup or something with fuel in it and power it up. see if it blows fuel all over you or not.

tha’s a good way to blow yourself up…:kekegay:

i thought you said it did work out of the car

it does but when it in the tank its not pumping fuel

then it’s not a pump problem

find/replace your fuel pump relay.

im searching right now to find the fuel pump relay but heres what i have happening now. i have the pump in the tank and its running but the car only idles for a few seconds then dies. it will start right back up thyen die again. :dunno:

so it stopped blowing the fuse?

I keep forgeting that other people may actually give a fock. :embarassd

no i was tellin him to go blow himself up lol

im not that stupid to play with electricity near fuel…give me some credit!

but ya the pump stopped blowing the fuse and the relay wasnt bad but it still doing the same thing

if it’s been this long, just have somebody fix it.

well in order to have it fixed its going to have to be towed to the shop id get to do it and then ill get fucked over on labor charges so i want to make totally sure that i cannot fix it first plus its not my DAILY transportation i still have the RICED OUT GRAND AM :doh: except its un-riced and is totally stock again.

the fuel pump is the original one and the car has over 180k on it so replacing it cant really hurt anything so im going to do that first.

maybe ask 8.1crew to tow it to Hybrid. Then have Jay fix it. Or maybe Jay will be out this way for something with his 240 and he can swing by your place and fix your 240. call them maybe they can help you out

did u try a new relay,all ur grounds good?

ya i tried a new relay and ill check all my grounds

is the ECU being bolted to the car a source of a ground?

i dont think,gm’s aint that way!