Full Auto

I was just sitting here after waking up from a hangover and thought about the rationale behind banning fully automatic guns. I’m actually confused. If I wanted to go on a rampage with a rifle, I wouldn’t use full auto even if available. Its less accurate and would chew up ammo like crazy. I look back at the famous bank robbery in Hollywood. The only people dead were the robbers and they shot a LOT of rounds full auto and didn’t hit very much. So I guess my question is what made people want to ban them? Besides that it looks scary.

MG42 + concert or any other big gathering.

Next question.

it’s accuracy by volume

google grazing fire, accuracy by volume is a good point as well, thats the concept behind a minigun, throw so much lead downrange and its harder not to hit something

Not all full auto weapons are inaccurate, take for instance the MP5 sub-machine gun. And me personally I would take an M249, which can easily be shoulder fired (speaking from experience and I was 6’ 170lbs while doing it) ANY day of the week over and M16/AR15.

They’re not fully banned in every state. Full auto firearms, short barreled rifles, etc are still legal to own in Vermont, look up Title II or Class 3 firearms. Those by definition are TRUE ASSAULT WEAPONS, not this semi-automatic bull shit all these idiot liberals drive in your face as being bad guns.

But, with your statement and like everyone else said - not all full auto or select fire weapons are inaccurate. Thats part of why 3 round burst was implemented/designed, generally less muzzle climb between trigger pulls and less ammunition wasted.

Have you ever shot a full auto?

They are more accurate then you’d think, easily on target if you have even minimal shooting skills. Also if you don’t want to use ammo you can take your finger off of the trigger.

I think if full auto was as efficient as you all are saying military would use it more often, and SWAT teams would also. I think the benefits are outweighed by the negatives except in certain military strategies, I think it should be legal…and I want one.

Another meaningless opinion from Vovchandr…speaking about things he knows nothing about. I really should have specified, people who respond should have some firearms/tactics experience.

so move to a red state, apply for ffl3 and pay the tax states. done deal.

The real kicker for full auto stuff…the price. go look it up on day and you’ll probably shit your pants. And then of course there’s the cost of ammo.

I wouldn’t mind an mp5 with 3RB but I’d rather just work on keeping my current rights than worrying about obtaining the licensing to own an auto.

if you have a class 3 is it then legal to convert a semi auto to full? I would guess the answer would depend on what state you are in

If you’re a Class 3 FFL, you still need permission from local PD chief as they’re technically for demo use only (like a PD wants to test before buying).

Individuals cannot. They need to pay for the $200 tax stamp and buy a gun that was made transferable before 1986. So it leaves anything new off the table. They did make “lightning links” which convert and AR to full auto, but they’re still expensive and were made before 1986 and be transferable.

Transferable M16s are usually $20k+, same with anything HK.

I should add a minimal IQ limit to be able to post on the site. I’m amazed you were able to accumulate enough brain cells to pass the security question.

Don’t get butthurt that you thought of a stupid idea “YARRR full auto should be legal because I said so ARR” and read the quotes below.

So silver… go eat some more lead paint. :pop

???

That final comment was aimed at silverandslow, not the commenters above it. Sorry for the confusion.

I’ve shot a Thompson and ar15 fully auto, both were more accurate then I expected

How do you figure? They are very efficient, an automatic weapon was designed for suppressing fire and getting rounds down range, if you are that concerned about accuracy get a sniper rifle. In the Marines each fireteam contains one M249 light machine gun or M240 medium machine gun. They are used A LOT more then you think. SWAT teams won’t use them because the majority of the situations they encounter are close range which does not require an automatic weapon, except maybe an MP5. But in most cases SWAT deals with situations with innocent civilians around so again though they can be accurate there will be bullets that go astray. No idea where you are getting your facts from on full auto weapons.

he’s watching too may ganster movies with pray and spray techniques guys.

Every person I’ve ever met that does SWAT in various areas of the state/region pretty much all said they used MP5s. Some said M4s, but those were the only guns mentioned.

There’s a big reason MP5s are the standard by which all other sub-guns (SMGs) are judged.

I was thinking that after I posted lol, most movies with all that special effects are ruined for me knowing how it really works in real life, especially grenades!!! Sounds stupid to get upset over but I hate whenever a movie shows someone throwing a fragment grenade and it blows up with a huge fireball!