unsure

i have become extremely interested in semi-automatic weapons lately and am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the subject.wondering if any sort of paper work or registration is needing to own firearm.
thankyou

:eyebrow:

lol oh boy. Please elaborate on what you are looking for.

ohh god

Proceed carefully Mr 4 posts. My finger is on the button…

lol^

just would like to know what kind of background check and or paperwork i have to complete in order to own a semi automatic rifle such as an ak-47 or an ar-15.im not going to wait outside the mall for people and ruin there day or anything like that…im just curious

This is not official more from memory.

There is a background check for Felonies.

There is a permit required(I beileve)

and there is a 7 day waiting period.

You need to buy Pre-ban rifles Pre 1994, if you want folding telescoping stocks, flash hiders or muzzle breaks, pistol grips or magazines greater than 10 rounds detachable.

I dont feel like doing research.

All you need is a warm body pretty much… Assault rifles can be purchased by pretty much anyone.

Rifles and Shotguns you don’t need a permit to buy…

And only hand guns have a waiting period I believe.

That being said…please stay the hell out of East Amherst/Williamsville area when you go on your rampage…

im excited, and scared at the same time.it seems so easy,for anyone

Well thats where that thing grey line comes in… Do i want ghetto thugs to have an AK? no… do i wan’t to keep responsible people from owning a rifle? No… But if you take away rights from some people its only a matter of time before you start losing your own.

Instead of just waiting for someone to answer your questions, I’m sure you could have just gone on google and researched the answers yourself. Are you so worthless that you can’t even handle doing that yourself?

This is a good idea, give a complete imbecile devoid of common sense the ability to use a firearm.

your completely right,thank you for your concern

just call buffalo gun center for all your questions.

A friend of mine bought an Ak-47 when he was 18. He bought it from the Niagara Gun Range, and had to do nothing other than the normal check you need to pass to buy a rifle.

Rifles and shotguns = no permits or anything, only handguns. You do have to pass a background check, but there is almost no waiting time. Sometimes it may take like 30 mins or so to get the results if the system is down or crowded, but they then destroy the record. No records are kept of background checks if you pass. I hate the term “assault rifle”. You can take a base mini-14, throw on a folding stock and a flash suppressor and suddenly it is now an “assault rifle”. You can do the EXACT same damage with a semi-auto wood stock .223 as you could an M-16 or AR-15. The only difference is how they look. God I hate ignorant poloticians that know nothing about firearms and how they opperate. Case in point, there has only been 1 case of a legally owned fully automatic firearm being used in a crime in the USA. The perp was a police officer. So yeah we are all sooooo much safer.

Edit: An AR-15 will run you $1500-2000 so be prepaired to shell out some cash. If I were you I would just buy a semi-auto .22 long rifle or .22 mag. They are hella fun and amo is super chiep so you can blast away and not hear the ka-ching sound every time you squeez the trigger.

Couldn’t we do that with ever question ever posted on here? Thanks captain obvious. Well at least you added to the tread, wait no you didn’t.

-Usually if you buy the rifle at a store (mainstream store) they will do a small back round like check, and in some cases you will have to wait one day. They do this with the hopes of chilling pissed off people down. [example: guy gets pissed at his wife, goes to walmart, buys a shot gun, shoots her] They think this one day wait or so will make sure people are responsible. They will also take the guns registration number and match it to your name and address. I don’t know why they do this because you are not required by law to register a long gun. I guess this gives them a starting point if the gun was used in a crime.

Pistols are a whole other story. Look up NYS Pistol permits.

For your first gun I would look into a Ruger 10/22 or a SKS.

Rounds for a Ruger 10/22 are usually about $10 per 500 rounds. The sks is about $3 per 20 rounds.

There is lots of after market for the Ruger also.

http://guns.wolfcrews.com/ruger_10_22/ruger10-22-1a.jpg
Thats what mine looks like.

thanks alot for your help guys!i was getting mixed answers from alot of sources.sorry for wasting anyones time with this stupid thread. the next time i have a stupid question ill post on a scooby forum

u probably shouldnt buy a gun