unsure

An SKS is the civilian Ak-47, like the AR-15 is the civilian M-16. Only real difference is that they are semi-auto instead of fully auto. The SKS is still a 7.62 mm round. I wouldnt suggest one for your first gun. Go with a .22, they are chiep, and much safer for someone who is unfamiliar with firearms. The rounds are not nearly as powerful and will not travel as far. Also, the 7.62 is VERY loud. It’s like blasting an M80 next to your ear.

Jay, you soo hood!

Holy shit that is soo wrong… do some research, they have very few things in common one being the caliber…

jay… give me a call and we’ll go to the buffalo gun center.

do you own any other firearms?

Haven’t fully automatic weapons been illegal since the Brady bill in 1994?

Anyhow, to be blunt:

It seems like a few of you know BREETIME. So that I can stop being paranoid, could someone vouch for him that he’s not going to take the knowledge from this thread and go ruin someone’s day?

No offense meant for you breetime, it just doesn’t look good ya know? New member’s first posts are asking about how to buy an assault rifle and “excited and scared” at the same time. :ohnoes:

i dont know him :gotme: but like you are saying jim it does look odd for the first post to be about this

Do you own one?

i dont think someone looking to do harm is going to ask for advice on an automotive forum.

and dont get all paranoid about the “assault rifles” available to the public. they arent much different than your standard hunting rifle. they may “look” scarier but shoot the same cartridges and are no more deadly than the gun your grandfather used to take down a buck. infact someone with good aim can be way more deadly with a hunting rifle than any assault rifle. some of you with no gun knowledge are way to quick to comment. just remember…someone who is looking to do harm isnt going to go out and spend the insane price for a weapon you cant conceal…rather they are going to pick up a cheap semi auto pistol on the street.

no i know him and he is just interested he has been playin to much call of duty 4. he just wants one he would never use it on anyone. So you dont have to worry

Fucking m4 carbine with a red dot scope FTW !!!

ok you know him…but wtf are you?

i dont think someone with " 0 " posts was someone he was lokoing for a vouch

Who cares how many posts he has? The law is the law. Anyone that wants to can buy a long gun. Maybe we can outlaw guns to “Newbs” on nyspeed too.

Full auto guns are illegal unless you have a special permit for them. This permit is very hard to obtain and is up there with a gun dealer permit. In NYS it is all but illegal to own a full auto fire arm. This is not the case in many states.

The sks is vastly different from a ak-47. The nice thing about a sks is how simple they are. This is the only reason I would suggest one besides the fact that you can buy them cheap if you can find one.

I may be buying another Ruger 10/22 just for fun, and making it “Look” cool. But it seems to be that I should have my pistol permit by then and will probably pick up a hang gun.

Guns are great fun, as long as they are treated with respect. Target shooting is probably the most favorite hobbies that I have. I am generally no longer interested in hunting, but skeet and target is pure bliss in my eyes.

that is exactly why he shouldn’t buy a gun. you need to respect the weapon and the power that it carries otherwise you shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun because you can kill someone real quick by making a minor mistake. if he plays call of duty and somehow thinks he’s capable of owning a weapon because of that he is sorely mistaken. period.

GUNS DON’T KILL, STUPID PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL!!!

For the record I’m pro gun, but in conjunction with that I’m also pro common sense.

If I were hanging out with a bunch of guys I knew and someone showed up and was like “Hi I’m Jay. Hey nice wheels. Does anybody know how I can go about getting a semi-automatic rifle?.. Oh really, I can just go get one? Wow I’m really excited and kind of scared at the same time.” Then I think we would all back away slowly because that’s all sorts of suspect. I understand that a message board is not the same thing, but the same fundamentals of what’s considered sketchy behavior apply.

Now I’m hearing things that some well known board members are friends with him so it’s probably cool. Kind of like if the above situation happened but a couple of guys spoke up and said “Oh relax Fry, don’t be paranoid. That’s my buddy Jay. He’s just interested in sport shooting and figured someone in this crowd might share that interest and have some answers.”

:shrug:

I’ve known him for at least 10 years. While we don’t really get along at all, I know that he’s always been interested in guns from what I can recall. He’s not just some random dude, I’m fairly sure at least 20-25+ members of the board know him.

Cool. Thanks. :tup:

There are many states that fully auto’s are perfectly legal. Arizona for instance. You can pretty much walk in, and walk out with an Uzi if you want. Personally I dont see the problem with fully auto guns. They are fun. Just be safe with them and no problems :gotme:.

thank you,im sure my thread was a little surprising and to the point.sorry for scaring anybody.i would not post on an automotive forum is i was planning on going ape-shit at starbucks.no saying i would… but i wouldnt make it known.
names jason smolinski.alot of people can vouch for me…thanks for not red flagging me and having the fbi repel through my skylights