AK-47 Legality?!?

How legal is an AK-47 in Erie County (West Seneca) and Tompkins County (Ithaca).

It is a semi-automatic model w/ 30 round mags.
I heard that big capacity mags are illegal (max 10 bullets?).

If someone wanted to buy one from someone that is selling it very cheap.
Is it a problem in NYS?

From what i have read it’s legal as long as it’s semi-auto and small capacity magazine, i don’t care for the high cap mags.

Google could not provide a definite answer and i know there are some gun fanatics on here.

Thanks.

My buddy owns one… fresh out of highschool…

Romanian made WASR-10 (Romanian Ak47 export)

2 30 round mags.

It’s not illegal to have 30 round mags, because now the firearms ban(limiting the mag size to 10) is up and on top of that there were plenty of mags made before the ban that were granfathered in.

Go to buffalo gun center… its like $500 for a WASR-10 with 2 30 round mags…

Your good to go.

There are not varying degrees of legality.

Can’t wait for the gunshow in Clarence coming up.
Who’s goin?

When is the gun show?

FYI. Shell out some extra bucks and Buy a Bulgarian made AK. Anyone worth their Commie star know they make the best AK’s in the world. Romanian AK’s are garbage. Not to say they wont last you but let me just put it this way. You can make the receiver in your garage with a press and spot welder.

i do believe there was some loophole that allowed 30 round mags, though i can not remember details.

I think SOBo hit it right on though.

Feb 14th and 15th

Where in Clarence is it?

WNY event center
11163 Main St. (US Rte. 5) Clarence, N.Y

You should be fine as long as you’re not looking for a fully auto weapon.

as long as they are pre-ban mags youre fine. You can buy them in magazines, gun stores, gun shows etc. All the ban did was make it illegal to manufacture them. if they were made before the ban, you’re fine.

this says this weekend?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GunShows/ShowDetails.aspx?sid=612

EDIT: i dont think this is correct

www.nyfirearms.com will have your answers.

i won one at a gun raffle haven’t shot it yet, its been sitting in the closet for like a year, its a Russian on. its very nice.

Hrmmm. Wonder which it is. Have to call and confirm I guess.

the gun show there is really nice. they always have TONS of shit.

Place in PA had a sale on them for $299 back in sept.

Care to elaborate? Legality is pretty black and white.

According to NYS law, being semi-automatic and accepting a detachable magazine, it falls under the AWB only if it was made after sept 94’.

If it was made after that date, then it cannot have a bayonett lug, flash supressor, colapsable stock…

If it was made before that date, then you can have it in pretty much any configuration as long as it is semi-automatic.

Magazines fall under the same law, if they are made before sept 94’ you can have them, and use them in a pre-ban or post-ban weapon. If they are made after sept 94’ they are illegal in nys completely.

Nikuk may be speaking that some dumb ass cops that don’t know the laws will see it and harass you, or take it so that they can verify, this can be true. But it helps if you print off the law and keep it with you, that way they can’t say that they don’t know.

does anyone have the correct info on the “show” ??

+1

Show is the 14th and 15th.