nys gun laws

can anyone give me a link or a rundown of the laws for upstate ny?
from what i have found online, it seems like we carry the cali assault rifle ban, but im not sure if that is just nyc or the entire state.

thanks!

Can’t have more than a 10 shot clip. Fully auto is a no no.
<—Looks for a link

Actually I don’t think I’m totally right. I think the 10 shot clip thing applies to new guns, but there looks to be loopholes.

Here’s some good shitter reading for ya.
http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/statelaws/23rdedition/newyork.pdf

yeah section 22 on page 4 is the concern

^ The bayonet part got ya, huh?

not sure if a detachable mag is legal on an AR variant.

AFAIK you can posess and purchase mags larger than 10 rounds… they’ve been grandfathered in…
You can own guns that are pre-ban that have post ban stuff (Bayonet mounts, flash supressors etc) These things are only legal on pre-ban and must be welded to the gun (Can’t be detachable). Same thing is with the larger mags, can posess them and use them… just can’t be made after the bans
(Unless they’ve change the law recently)

look at my rifle and tell me how many things in section two i cannot have lol, i ride around with this in my car in the summer. i dont ever get hassled.

Yea there’s a few problems with that one… depending on age.

why do you keep that in your car?

I hate the term “assault rifle”. If you take a basic mini 14 7.62 mm rifle, put on a flash suppressor and a folding stock it them become an “assault rifle”. It is the same gun, just looks different. The flash suppressor is used to divert the gasses that are expelled in higher power rifles so they don’t have as much jump when fired. that’s it. Instead of the flame coming out straight it comes out the sides of the barrel. :bloated:. So ok, you don’t NEED a 30 round banana clip and an bayonet. But so what. You don’t need a car with 400+ hp either. And they kill more people in 1 year than “assault rifles” do in 5. You are also more likely to die from a doctor fucking up than you are of getting a fatal wound from a gun. Statistics prove this.

It comes to this,

If you have a rifle MADE after 1994 (the start of the federal ban) that has a detatchable magizine, you can only have one “Evil Features” before it becomes an “assualt rifle”, those features being:
Flash hider
bayonet lug
pistol grip
Folding, or colapsing stock
Grenade launcher
High capacity mags MADE before 1994 are still legal also.
Now this is the state law, if you live in rochester, there are even more BS rules
In short, buy a “pre-ban” lower reciever for your ar/ak and then you can have all the features that the feds allow. But let a fudd (as in elmer fudd, hunter but gun hater) see you at a range, and your sure to get some flack. Go sign up for AR15.COM and read up young jedi :slight_smile:

My Toy
http://www.grantfarmerracing.com/m4close2web.JPG
http://www.grantfarmerracing.com/m-4closesmall.JPG

I just can’t believe that you can’t get a detachable mag… That’s the most rediculious thing ever…

I agree with your 400+HP car theory too… Why do I want a gun with a Flash supressor, colapsable stock, 30 round mag, and all the other goodies… Because it makes my penis bigger, Why do ppl need to drag race cars with 1000+ HP where the engine needs to be rebuilt after running WOT for less than 3 seconds… See prev statement… it’s all the same thing

And for the ladies…
Why do you need a 10,000 piece of Coal? Because it makes your peni… Ok so the argument doesn’t quite fit this one.

Why do “I” want a gun, with all the goodies. Simple, its what i carried, and still carry to keep this country free as i fight for it. And since when do i need a reason to own something. Why do you need a SUV, why do you need a boat, why do you need a huge house. Because we live in a free country, and we can get what we want, its a liberty thing.

i keep it in my car because i use it often in the summer.

www.packing.org should have all the laws you’re looking for

:tup: Ding Ding Ding. In some states they still have the laws that every male over age 16 has to have a musket, powder, and like at least 10 shots readly available. Ofcourse it is no longer enforced lol, but thats not the point. An armed society is a safer society. It is a proven fact that places that have less restrictions on firearms have much less crime. This is because NORMAL every day firearm owners don’t want to go out and blow away everybody they see with their guns. They want to target practice and or hunt with them. It is the few that do go out and shoot up a school, or any group they see fit to die, that are the problem. Also, these laws do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

buffalo gun center had a decent selection. i am thinking about picking up a complete lower with a pinned stock and then a bushmaster .22lr upper for now.

i’ll pick up a couple boxes if anyone wouldnt mind me putting a couple rounds through their rifles :slight_smile:

how much $$ does something like that run? and how much are rounds?

That one runs about two thousand or so, rounds are cheap now, getting expensive as time passes due to the war, about 30 bucks a hundred. That one is NOT NYS compliant, but i fall under the military/LEO exemption.