Full Auto

By efficiency I mean not wasting rounds. You have alot more experience with full auto compared to me. I’m not trying to be sarcastic to you in fact I think we agree. As you said, they are used for suppression fire. I was sort of thinking about a accuracy as far as having to fight muzzle climb, recover after a bunch of rounds to move to a new target, changing magazines more, ect.

Do you think you personally holding an m4 that’s full auto vs an ar15 semi auto vs a crowd of people(not my example but it was already used in the thread) there would be a large discrepancy between the damage you could do? To me it seems like you could do just as much damage.

PS : I don’t know if its unclear, I don’t think a full auto gun is inherently less accurate. I’m aware an m16 can shoot just as accuratley as an ar15, I’m more trying to have discussion on if you think a full auto gun is really more dangerous in the hands of a psycho than semi auto. I also am not being sarcastic to anyone who has a basis/backround to answer nor do I think I know all the answers its more of discussion.

Yes, I think they should be legal. I don’t think they are magically unsafe and for a gun supporter I’m surprised your battling me on it. I said you have no idea what your are talking about and asked that people who have experience put in their two cents so I can try to understand their stance on it.

Here is my stance so that it is clear. I do not think fully auto guns are inherently less safe than semi auto ones. Without pretending to be an expert my opinion is that military/police use fully auto guns for specific purposes that make sense and they are obviously effective for those purposes but when you take a weapon away from its intended purpose, where it is most efficient just because it CAN be devastating and useful I don’t think in the civilian world it is as big of a deal. (To the point where the moment someone hears fully auto gun they poop their pants and say they should never be illegal) I think they should be legal to law abiding citizens. Ide like to know from those with experience with them who think they shouldn’t be why they think that way. You can prolly tell me something I’m missing that maybe will change my mind.