full lunar eclipse tonite, 2/20

"WESH.com
updated 1:34 p.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 20, 2008

The total eclipse will be viewable from 10:01 p.m. to 10:51 p.m., according to NASA’s Web site. A partial eclipse will be viewable from 8:43 p.m. to 12:09 a.m.
A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon’s path enters into the shadow of the Earth. A partial eclipse occurs when some of the sun’s light is blocked by the Earth, and a total eclipse occurs when all of the sun’s light is blocked by the Earth.
The eclipse will be viewable in South America, the Eastern half of North America and large portions of western Africa, Europe, and Asia."

Maybe I’ll get out the camera for this.

Good night for it, nice and clear.
Might let the kid watch.

just saw it

looks pretty cool

looks nice

how often does this come around?

looks like, well im nto to sure.

its too cold

some times months some times years

its snowing and cloudy here cant see shit capn

it looks like a big balloon in the sky

Got a few half way decent shots, haven’t experimented enough with nighttime photography to get anything I’d call good. Too tired to post process tonight, if I remember I’ll post some tomorrow.

its the last total eclipse until 2010

i didnt even know about it til i walked outta the arena tonight and saw tons of people looking up. looked pretty rad, caught it just before it was fully eclipsed. wish i had a telescope though, supposed to be able to see the rings of saturn tonight…and it’s super clear out…

boringest…eclipse…ever.

Completely forgot about it or I would have tried to get some picks with the new 55-200 lense. Damnit!

^werd.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/eclipse_01.jpg

guess this guy took these pics with a normal Camera…and just zoomed in. You can see Saturn. Pretty cool

That was definately sweet.
I got to use my new telescope.
I thought my eye was going to freeze to the telescope.:biglaugh:

Somehow doubt it.

a) Saturn was hard to see through a really good telescope at Harvard

b) the ring certainly wouldn’t show up or be as bright as the planet

c) I think he must have been taking pictures of a car.