Full-Race Bottom Mount VS. Stock SR20DET

This was posted 4 minutes ago on Full-Race.

Stock SR comparison. It’s a crappy image but they are getting the digital image up soon.

Decent gains in spool and midrange…

Was just looking at this

it doenst really say much since the stock turbo is such a choke on the whole system

a real test would be to see it on a bigger turbo like a 2871 or (even more so) a 3071

nice to see that they really do improve spool time though

i can only imagine what an external gate and a mani like this would do for my turbo, dan you have an 86 right? I bet you’re gonna spool just about the same as me with that mani and external and i have a 64!

Yup - I have the .86

Dam that is a great inprovement, what PSI was that and with what supporting mods???

Expensive I am guessing??

15psi

its honestly not that impressive i dont think. a bigger turbo is where you’ll see more gains

ya i mean impressive for the dinky T25 tho

that manifold is wlel over $1000cdn by the time you get it here.

group buy later in the year perhaps?

i’d be down.

full-race prostock + gt3071r = shootmeinthefacerightnowfast

Group buy on the top mount :slight_smile:

Yeah - I’ve probably have broken mine by then - hehe - kidding of course

group buy in general…

if i am not ready to actually buy one i will still coordinate it and make sure we all get the phattest deal possible

Dan have you ever dynoed your car with your stock setup?

That would be a good comparison once your current setup is live.

except he was on T28 last time

when i get a mani and external gate we’ll do a before/after with my old dyno. should be a good indicator of how they realitstically improve spool.

The last dyno I did that actually produced a number was on stock boost, stock manifolds, stock maf, stock injectors, stock ecu and a S15 t28 tuning an SAFC…that was about 240rwhp.

Let’s just say I’ve moved on from there so the comparison is not really going to be worth anything. It should be quite obvious by now I’ll be making more than 240rwhp