SR swap is done and dynoed! SON Thanks/Credit list inside

My SR Swap is done. I have driven over 1500KM’s on the motor and broke in the new clutch. I started this project slowly back in the begining of April and finished just over 2 weeks ago, working on it only on weekends and the extremely rare weekday. Before this project, all i had ever done on a car was oil change and rotors+pads. I have no mechanical skill what so ever :smiley: . Today I topped it all off by going over to the dyno at TAG and getting some baseline numbers.

The specs:

Motor:
Redtop SR20DET early model (no fins below vavle cover) baught off Varun (Slippery_Silvia) completely stock

Exhaust:
Bings 3" Turbo Extension
Megan 3" Flex Downpipe
Magnaflow 3" CAT
Bings 3" catback

Intake:
Custom measured/made (by my sorry ass) alluminum intake with SOHC MAFS
Custom measured/made (by my sorry ass) alluminum intercooler piping
Megan “small” intercooler (22x12x3)
All alluminum intake/pipe welding done by Otto-John in Scarborough

Cooling:
Koyo alluminum radiator
91 Ford Taurus 3.8l V6 electric fan
Flex-a-Lite adjustable temp switch

Thats basicly my set up.

Below is my dyno graph. According to my boost gauge which is getting signal from the intake manifold, I am hitting 8PSI until 4000RPM, then it bumps up to 8.5PI until 6000+RPM (I thought T25’s were supposed to die out after 5000RPM) I would stop looking at the boost guage after 6000RPM and concentrated on the redline. Stock is supposed to be 7PSI but i guess the way I have the wastegate set up is causing it to open at 8-8.5PSI instead of 7, or it is getting a delayed signal, who knows. I did 3 pulls, the first and second were done right after each other, the second pull made more power even though the motor was hotter. On the 3rd run we let the car cool off a bit and it made less power then the first 2 so we left it out of the print out.

Here is the graph:
http://fpereira.homeip.net/pictures/temp/Dyno01-Baseline.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, I am no expert at this :smiley:

My SON Thanks/credit list is a list of people from SON who directly made my swap possible whether they knew it or not.

Format is: “Thanks to” - “what thanks if for”

Varun - Motorset, FMIC, Gauge Pod, MAFS, and endless help whenever i had questions and had to call and bother you. I recommend that everyone form SON buy their motor from him
Kings_blend - Bings 3" SS turbo Extension
Alex - Blacktop O2 sensor
Dip - 3" Megan Flex Downpipe (Thanks to Varun for receiving it and holding it for me)
S14_2NV - Koyo Rad
MR.Large a.k.a. sil_via - 3" CAT
Toronto240sx - 3" test pipe. Even though i ended up using a CAT instead, Thanks for the hook up
Bing - Thanks for hooking me up with the 3" catback. The man with all the parts you need… we’ll be PMing again soon
Gonad - Thanks for creating your website, helped me out alot with all your pics and your oil pressure gauge article. You have no idea how many times i turned to your site to look at your pics of your progress when i was lost or unsure of something.

If I forgot anyone please let me know… i sort of lost track of who sold me engine related stuff.
Thanks to SON in general for answering the few question posts i posted.

To all the noobs out there, use the “Search” feature before posting. Everything really has been covered before, people don’t just say that. Trust me, I know.

Congrats dude, those are not bad number for what you have under the hood

congrats!

getting a vehicle running smoothly is one of the best feelings in the world

must be even better with the satisfaction knowing u did it urself

Hey how muhc powe and torque did you make? for some reason, the picture isn’t working.

pic is back up… sorry guys

What that dyno says to me is bump up the boost a few pounds. Look at the jump it made with a 0.5lb increase. You could easily be making over 200/200 with a few more pounds.

10-11lbs is certainly within the realm of safe.

Congrats on finishing the car man ,you should be pretty happy with ourself that you did it by yourself…I agree with Happy though, i think it should be making mroe power and torque than it is right now…either soemthign is wrong, or you need to bump up the boost…Just my 2 cents.

very nice work dude

i like i like

you can safely increase your boost to 12 lbs
id love to see a copy of that dyno!

Right on!

Street vids (and/or engine bay shots)!

congrats man very well done :slight_smile:

Haha, check out the date on that post guys… although he still might accept the congrats, he has probably forgotten about the thread untill now.

Um… congrats from me too I guess… hehe

Thanks all!
I never forgot about the thread… lol
I was actually planning on updating with a new dyno sheet at 10psi.
During the christmas holidays while at work I was bored out of my mind so I went to the nearest dyno i could find in Scarborough. I did a base run at 8.5psi again and this time made 200whp and 202wtq, I tested my Bings boost controller at 10psi and made like 211whp and 212wtq (dyno sheet is at work) on the same exact setup, except I am using 94 octane instead of 91 and I found that my rubber floor mat that has been in my car since I baught it, was resting under the throttle preventing it from going all the way down the whole time (only by like 4-5mm but still :stuck_out_tongue: ). The dyno I went to was the same kind of dyno (dynojet/chassis dyno or whatever)but i wanted to go back to TAG and dyno my car there and then update this post.
The dyno I went to was Redline on McCowan and Sheppard for the Scarborough guys in here. Since it was the 28th and they were technically closed I was able to do 4 runs, i did them all back to back only stopped to check the numbers each time and i made 1-3 whp and wtq more after each pull. The print out I have are of my 3rd and 4th runs which were my best and at 10psi, I’ll scan the print out tomorrow and post it up.
I am not aiming for huge ammounts of power but I do like to know what my car is running at, don’t like to estimate what I am running at and like to know the health of my motor.

Check back tomorrow for the printout

Dude that’s awesome. Really nice numbers. Good job. :slight_smile:

That’s what I’m aiming for too next season. Honestly, 200whp = so much fun.

Who cares if you have 400 - 500whp? Well, maybe some people on son do.

clean swap, i give this guy an A+ for the way he did his swap,its clean and looks good also hauls azz, good job Phil

Any idea what your A/F Ratio was looking like ? If its like most other SRs out their and running rich then you could probably gain a bit more power just from a decent fuel tune :wink:

wow congrats on the nice numbers! and welcome to the sr20 side!

Awesome stuff. I love quality posts like this!

[QUOTE=birdhou53;204624]
Honestly, 200whp = so much fun.

Who cares if you have 400 - 500whp? QUOTE]

Spoken like a guy that has no idea how much fun 400rwhp is!! :smiley:

Here is the Dyno sheet from my 10PSI runs on Dec. 28th.

http://fpereira.homeip.net/pictures/temp/dyno10psi.jpg

Unfortunately I didn’t get A/F on either of my dyno runs.

I want to get to 250whp in a daily driver setup for now, and want to keep it reliable. My next plan is to get rid of the stock exhaust manifold and get something like a megan to help the turbo spool more efficiently. Then I will look at some sort of tuning.
If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to speak up.

For the gurus,
What PSI/HP do the stock injectors normally become a bottleneck?
What would you recommend I use for tuning? I have an HKS Super AFR that belongs to a friend (which I have been trying to sell forever), should I just keep that?
I know that the stock T25 isn’t the greatest but I would like to keep it for as long as possible, what other parts should I upgrade to reach a reliable 250whp daily driver?
I’m new to this whole dyno/tuning thing but I’m realistic somewhat lol

Thanks all, I’ll update this again with another dyno as soon as I go to TAG, or maybe I’ll just start going to Dan for my dyno runs :smiley: