Fun flying today

Today i took a x-country flight from AGC (Allegheny) to HMZ (Bedford) . On the way back i did my 1st ever canyon run

flew ~1400-1500 ft MSL thru a canyon on mountains and a river by Connesville on the Yough river. absoultly thrilling!!! i followed the river bends with the rail tracks and bike path, 110 knots, engine screaming, crank and bank

1400’ puts me about 200’ AGL and about 200’ inbetween the mountain peaks.

not much room for error but i errored on the caution side since airmet tango was out for the area; props only have so much power. driving cars fast is fun but planes just add a new dimension to the speed factor.

:smiley:

does your plane have neons too riceboy???

:stuck_out_tongue:

fly over jj’s & take a pic:D

the glare from your head might blind him and make him crash.

j/k big buddy :smiley:

IBPEWTEREATSYOU

Originally posted by VictorSmalls
the glare from your head might blind him and make him crash.

j/k big buddy :smiley:
I’ll say in the garage!!!:smiley:

airmet tengo is a bitch

p.s. franchise, i like the mountain gap near altonna. . . in a seminole :wink:

Originally posted by integrrac
airmet tengo is a bitch

p.s. franchise, i like the mountain gap near altonna. . . in a seminole :wink:

Don’t you have a beat as Rex you should be fixing?

-TJ

for those of us who dont fly,wtf is airmet tengo

Originally posted by vtecsol
for those of us who dont fly,wtf is airmet tengo

its an issue for occasional moderate to severe air turbulence on that day

Originally posted by thefranchise
Today i took a x-country flight from AGC (Allegheny) to HMZ (Bedford) . On the way back i did my 1st ever canyon run

flew ~1400-1500 ft MSL thru a canyon on mountains and a river by Connesville on the Yough river. absoultly thrilling!!! i followed the river bends with the rail tracks and bike path, 110 knots, engine screaming, crank and bank

1400’ puts me about 200’ AGL and about 200’ inbetween the mountain peaks.

not much room for error but i errored on the caution side since airmet tango was out for the area; props only have so much power. driving cars fast is fun but planes just add a new dimension to the speed factor.

:smiley:

What license do you have? I am starting flight school in January at community college.

I have a PPL now with instrument rating, 1/2 way done with the CPL. I am sure I will see you up PFTC in the spring semester.

i have my pp single and multi engine land. workin on my inst.