Funny Hockey/sports stories

well i guess you could bring any sports into it, but i have noticed a lot of hockey players on the forum

so what kind of dumb thing have you done or witnessed in a game youve played

i was talking to my friend and he reminded me of when i FIRST started playing ice, since ive always been roller, i never bought ice equip so i got some stuff ued and all it was was some old tom barrasso style white brick pads and not even goalie skates, but rental skates from the rink… they actually had a pot on the bench on how long it would take for me to break my ankles, which i never did…

well the first ice season i ever played, we had a power play opportunity and the other team iced the puck down to me. well like normal, i went out to play the puck, but i wasnt used to ruts and shit, so i completely missed the puck and it hopped over my stick and they scored all the way from their other goal line.

i wasnt mad, just embarrassed, and all i could do was laugh cause i couldnt believe it

my friend describes the story as “alright guys, keep in the zone… thats alright, get it back in the zone… parker, chip it up, chip it up… did that just go in ???”

any line having to do with someone falling always cracks me up.

carefull, ice is slippery!

watch out for the blue line, itll jump up and get ya.

pranks were always great too. clear tape on the bottom of someone elses skate :lol: …nice skating bambi.

after a pickup game, still on the ice, the other goalie (drunk) charges me while i wasnt looking and knocks me down. he laughing and telling me i suck. so i chase him. i then use my stick to trip him up and he slams down into the ice. next thing i know he is screaming bloody murder. turns out he tried to catch himself but tore his rotator cuff instead…havent seen him since

[quote=FBodyMadnezz;682659]clear tape on the bottom of someone elses skate :lol: [quote]

thanks, im gonna try that this saturday night!

i tried to play ice hockey in rollerblades

not sure if youre being serious or not cause i think aaron told me he tried that… cant remember, but i KNOW someone i know has done that before…

lol no im not, im not that stupid.

One of my neighbors had a story about a guy who forgot his jock but had the cup. He tried to tape it in place. The game halted when it fell out and everyone started slapping his manhood protector all over the ice. Guess the guy wasn’t amused.

hahaha

i’ll let badazz tell the story because i know he’ll want to LOL

on another note tho, similar to your story… this season we were on the power play, faceoff in their zone…they win the face off back into the corner, the defenseman just wrists it from the redline down the ice…it bounces once at our blue line, catches our goalie totally unprepared, and goes into the net… yea that was a bad game :lol:

yeah thats rough… theres nothing really you can do but laugh bout it… unless it was the game winner hahahaha

i remember running late to a game, (they were bout to start in 5 or so min) got dressed as fast as i possibly could, grabbed everything, looked down to make sure i had it all and see my cup laying on the floor lol

needless to say my team played with 6 skaters for a couple min till i completely undressed, dressed, and got on the ice

Shredd and Ragen were talking about this today. Pretty funny.

yea that game was so far gone at that point it didn’t matter!