Future Infantry officer

Just found out today, I will be a Platoon leader of a platoon in Charlie company, 2nd Battalion 108th Infantry.

I did not make active duty, but I will make an effort to switch over into it after my first deployment since everyone gets deployed pretty often now a days.

The cherry on top is that I most likely have a ranger school slot and a 10k bonus.

I commission at the end of this summer.

:smile

congrats dude! good luck, im sure your pretty excited

WO or 2nd Lt?

2nd LT

nice. im assuming you did ROTC programs with your college?

Congrats!

US Army Ranger slot?!?! Hardcore Mike, hardcore. I give you shitloads of credit if you attempt the training/school, nevermind pass it (which I hope you do if you try! :nod). Hell, I’d pass out and die in minutes if I was forced to run that training regiment I know that for certain

Good luck man!

Major Commander Congrats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBSZ8UhpWKE

conrgats!

Thanks!

Lots of training after I commission and before I would take control of my unit, but it looks like its going in the right direction now. :nod

congrats.

Hmm… sounds like a personal problem…

J/k Mike, congrats buddy!

Congrats man! and thanks

i wish you the best of luck at ranger school, that shit is no fucking joke… stay safe man

congrats bro thats pretty badass and impressive! good luck!

good luck mike

Wow somehow I missed this thread… Congrats Mike!! G/L with everything man!

Thanks guys. The paperwork just went through to confirm me as branching infantry and going to the 108th. Im still just waiting to hear about my training schedule and whether or not I get a slot at ranger school or when it would be.

I was a bit disappointed I didn’t get active duty, but with all the deployments going on now whats the difference. I’m just happy I didn’t end up signal or transpo. :lol