G5. Lower or Not???

So I got a G5 Coupe, 5spd. I was thinking about lowering it a bit for better handling and look, but… I dont want to end up with a really bumpy ride that rattles my car apart. I was wondering if you guys could tell me some experiences you have had with different springs and how they ride.

I need to see pics of booth

don’t forget Pittsburgh pot holes are not forgiving

lower it

SLAM WHAT EVER YOU GOT… my shit is slammed… it make it look sexy

I lowered my GT about an 1 1/2" in the front a 1/2" in the back. rides about stock, it’s all about the spring rate and struts you buy. You should get stiffer struts tho, stock wouldn’t cut it for me, they’d pogo like a mother

other than watching my front bumper every waking moment they’re fine, I would do it all over again

“slamming” cars where the wheels look tucked looks like total shit. lower maybe 1-1.5" if any at all

if its your daily driver let it be and toy with your camaro. you dont want to fuck with something you need to rely on

Technically, the struts have damping, not stiffness (that’s the springs). Damping affects velocity, stiffness affects displacement.

I’m sure your point was understood, just clarifying a little.

lower it so you have no wheel well gap no more no less

haha yeah i only lowered 1.5 inch… its annoying around here the roads suck ass

put four fat chics in it & see if u like the stance!

:bowrofl:

best advise so far.

i got my g5 not to mod but to get me to school and work with out worrying about anything.i know i can rely on it for teh next few years.the supra is the car i can mod and have fun with and not have to worry about anything.

Ummm?? LOL your stang is alot lower than 1.5. The eibach prokit on a stang is a 1.5 and your car is much much lower than that. Even the sportline kit doesnt lower a stang as much as yours is lowered.:slight_smile: You agree?

Yeah that is a good point. I may be getting a set of prings off a friend. his rode nice and had no wheel gap witch is all I want. I dont want ti slammed, just looking nice so i can still get around. The camaro is my toy so… I dont want to go all out crazy on the G. Just wanted a smaller gap in the whells thats all. I dont want to be rattling all over or going through tires like insane so… and Dougie, your stang is alot lower that 1.5 bud… LOL :wackit:

if you look at my springs i have the eibach pro kit (black ones) and if they were sportlines they would be red… so yeah i have no idea what the place that installed them did haha but yeah its one of the lowers stangs around

true dat! You may have had some settling out fo them so your sitting a little lower than normal, its all good. still looks sweet. as long as you can still get around, its all good. I guess your not getting the rim fixed, just selling them?:reloading